Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

actually it may not do anything considering they discontinued them anyway
Old 04-27-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sure it would help the cost, not anytime soon, but one day, it took 39years for hemi-cudas to hit millions, lol
Old 04-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

well the wife and i discussed the situation and we are gonna go look at getting a g8 gt to see what kind of deal we can get. we have a baby on the way and the single cab she is driving just aint gonna cut it. those 4 doors and the 6.0 have me sold, now i have to convince the wife
Old 04-28-2009, 10:10 PM
KickinAssAndTakinNames

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it just me or is it unconstitutional for the government have any involvement with a privet company, let alone OWNE the majority of it.

Damn Obama
Old 04-29-2009, 01:15 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by colekill
is it just me or is it unconstitutional for the government have any involvement with a privet company, let alone OWNE the majority of it.

Damn Obama
Ask yourself is it the lesser of two evils?
If the government lets GM fail based on the ideology that government should keep it's hands out of private business, than this recession will plummet MUCH further and harder than it already has. So far it seems like the recession has bottomed out and is starting to climb itself out...at least as far as the stock market is concerned.
I don't think the government should be mettling with GM either but I also don't think that they should stand idle as GM possibly goes to Chapter 7. Chapter 11 ok...chapter 7 that is bad news for this country!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:48 PM
KickinAssAndTakinNames

Just some opinions

I don’t think the government has done anything good in regards to this recession. All they have done is spend billions of dollars that they now have to ether print or borrow from china. and just like the government owns gm china is about to own us.
I am glad that they saved gm for obvious reasons, but in the back of my head I wish they hadn’t companies fail, and new ones take over that’s the way it goes.

The stock market is based completely on stock owners emotion.
News says recession I better sell everything.
bail outs, I guess everything is going to be ok.
And now the stock market dove yesterday due to swine flue.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

I would have let GM go broke. They always put out shoddy vehicles and leave it to us to fix them. They never take responsibility. Look at all of the crappy fuel senders in the 99-02 trucks. The transmission problems. Look at the Impala electrical problems and Saturn BCM problems. When we go to the dealer, they want like $300 just to look at it, then they try to blame the problems on us and deny knowledge of widespread problems that are being reported by 100's or 1000's of people on the internet. I love my Chevy, but I would never let a dealership touch it. I bought it used from a private party, rather than a dealership. Just my opinion.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Hm, you people do realize that if GM goes into bankruptcy protection, it's all over right? Employees will jump ship for new jobs, nobody will care about the quality of vehicles, but most of all, who the hell will buy a freaking car from a company whose bankruptcy is inevitable? "Hm, i think I'll buy a chevy ZR1, i bet the people who build them have nothing but care on their mind when they build it" Ha...right...not many people.

Gm started it's long road to ruin back in the 80's when they decided that cutting corners was much more profitable than making quality cars and since they were the KINGS, who would touch them? Up until the early 2000's they had many shitty vehicles, for almost 20 years they had garbage coming out of the factories. It's clear that they started changing their tune a few years ago, but too late, their rep was already ruined.

The problem with most companies today is that... EVERYONE cares about their money, and don't give a rats *** about the name of the company, unless that rakes in more money. I have dealt with GM corporate ******** in previous jobs, and they are just a bunch of money grubbing *****, and it bothers me to think that these are the workers that replaced the descendents of a company who have given so much to the public and raised GM to the once king of cars.

The government did a good thing by being the major shareholder of the company. A government will always look down the road, not only look for the money it'll be raking in for the short term they'll be working or investing there. No government-owned company shells out crap. Their interest will be in the long run and making sure revenue will be continuous so that the company will succeed and boost the jobs in that country.

I am glad that GM is now in the hands of a capable shareholder who won't just worry about buying and selling stocks to make profit. Fire the money grubbing retards who sit in their offices simply collecting a paycheck.

This company now belongs to U.S citizens. Your taxes may be wasted to protect this company, but it may be a very good investment for your country if your government keeps a good eye on it.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by colekill

Damn Obama
It's exactly what Venture capitalists or any other bank would do in this situation. The govt is giving stipulations for GM to follow, they can follow those agreements and get their *** saved, or fail and liquidate. That would be great for the economy. For example if GM were a smaller failing business, and JP Morgan was bailing them out with loans, you can bet JP Morgan would be making some serious business decisions for them.

OR we could have tossed more and more tax money at GM and Rick Wagoner, because you know they won't be back in a few months needing more!

GM couldn't fail for the better of the economy, GM couldn't get bailed out every 5 months for the better of the economy. GM itself wasn't good for the economy, so their fixing them, because GM sure as hell couldn't fix themselves.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lmseven
it's exactly what venture capitalists or any other bank would do in this situation. The govt is giving stipulations for gm to follow, they can follow those agreements and get their *** saved, or fail and liquidate. That would be great for the economy. For example if gm were a smaller failing business, and jp morgan was bailing them out with loans, you can bet jp morgan would be making some serious business decisions for them.

Or we could have tossed more and more tax money at gm and rick wagoner, because you know they won't be back in a few months needing more! :d

gm couldn't fail for the better of the economy, gm couldn't get bailed out every 5 months for the better of the economy. Gm itself wasn't good for the economy, so their fixing them, because gm sure as hell couldn't fix themselves.
precisely!

Quick Reply: bye bye pontiac