Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

BCM and heated memory seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM Sent.

My shop foreman is taking a look into this and see if this is feasable. I'll post up when I find out more from him.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

BTW...lol...what the hell...is that a Ruger or a nickel plated Glock?...lol....you need to get you a good Springfield XDm .40 or a Wilson Combat 1911 frame .45

Or you can go big with the 10mm....ha,ha,ha
Old 10-12-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Alright.....after some deliberation and research, we've found that if you re-flash the BCM, that the BCM and the PCM has to have matching VIN numbers. So...simply re-flashing the BCM probably will only add to your problems. So reflashing the BCM ain't gonna' work friend.

But.....the memory and heated seat function operates soley through the Memory Seat Module which in under the drivers seat. GM says that after the install or replcaement of a Memory Seat Module that you should do a Memory Seat Module recalibration.

Here's the procedure....

Memory Seat Calibration
The memory seat module uses position sensor inputs to establish soft stop locations for the adjuster motors several millimeters ahead of the physical limits of the adjuster assembly. After replacing a memory seat module or adjuster components, it may be necessary to reset the adjuster motor soft stop locations. When the repair procedure has been completed, operate the seat adjuster switch in every direction until the seat adjuster reaches its mechanical hard stop by repeatedly pressing and releasing the switch as necessary.

Try this and see if it works for you.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
Alright.....after some deliberation and research, we've found that if you re-flash the BCM, that the BCM and the PCM has to have matching VIN numbers. So...simply re-flashing the BCM probably will only add to your problems. So reflashing the BCM ain't gonna' work friend.
Thats odd considering how many have upgraded thier BCMs in the 99 trucks to a 2002 truck to gain access to door lock features and stuff. They didnt seem to have issues.

But.....the memory and heated seat function operates soley through the Memory Seat Module which in under the drivers seat. GM says that after the install or replcaement of a Memory Seat Module that you should do a Memory Seat Module recalibration.

Here's the procedure....

Memory Seat Calibration
The memory seat module uses position sensor inputs to establish soft stop locations for the adjuster motors several millimeters ahead of the physical limits of the adjuster assembly. After replacing a memory seat module or adjuster components, it may be necessary to reset the adjuster motor soft stop locations. When the repair procedure has been completed, operate the seat adjuster switch in every direction until the seat adjuster reaches its mechanical hard stop by repeatedly pressing and releasing the switch as necessary.

Try this and see if it works for you.
Really? So none of the seat functions go through the BCM? Does the seat module have the VIN stored? How about the seat heaters....do they go through the seat module as well?
Old 10-12-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

Good news! Going through that procedure activated the heated seat functions but not the memory functions. Is there a procedure to reset the memory functions? Think maybe its because the VIN from the doner truck is in the seat module?

Oh and by the way...its just a pellet gun, but it still makes them look twice before they speed away screaming that I am crazy! I cant carry the bulldog around with me or they might take me away

Last edited by Whippled 496; 10-12-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
Thats odd considering how many have upgraded thier BCMs in the 99 trucks to a 2002 truck to gain access to door lock features and stuff. They didnt seem to have issues.

Really? So none of the seat functions go through the BCM? Does the seat module have the VIN stored? How about the seat heaters....do they go through the seat module as well?

Yeah, the seat heaters and the memory function is all controlled by the Memory Seat Module. The BCM contains the RPO listing. So you may get by with the Recalibration procedure
Old 10-12-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

And...no the Memeory Seat Module does not conatain the VIN #. That's a plus!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

We must have been posting at the same time.....see my previous post.

Just thinking out loud here. Does the seat module use the class II serial data to communicate? These seats are out of a 2006 truck and my truck is a 2004. didnt they move to a CAN bus communication in 2005/6? Is there a chance the memory feature is not working because of the data communication type? Or am i over thinking this?

What about the "easy exit" feature thats seen on the DIC and is programable via the DIC? There is a button on the seat heater/memory switch as well. That does not go through the BCM either?
Old 10-12-2009, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
We must have been posting at the same time.....see my previous post.

Just thinking out loud here. Does the seat module use the class II serial data to communicate? These seats are out of a 2006 truck and my truck is a 2004. didnt they move to a CAN bus communication in 2005/6? Is there a chance the memory feature is not working because of the data communication type? Or am i over thinking this?

What about the "easy exit" feature thats seen on the DIC and is programable via the DIC? There is a button on the seat heater/memory switch as well. That does not go through the BCM either?

Should work off of the Memeory Module. They did in fact go to the CaNDI Interface in 2005 to current. That may be a good reason why it may not be working properly. If it's a programmable option through the DIC, then that would be a feature controlled by the IPC Module and the BCM.

Oh,...BTW....get you a CCW Permit....it's Valid in MD and VA....then you just pack your "heat" with you...like I do. Ha,ha....
Old 10-12-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Should work off of the Memeory Module. They did in fact go to the CaNDI Interface in 2005 to current. That may be a good reason why it may not be working properly. If it's a programmable option through the DIC, then that would be a feature controlled by the IPC Module and the BCM.

Oh,...BTW....get you a CCW Permit....it's Valid in MD and VA....then you just pack your "heat" with you...like I do. Ha,ha....

Okay, so maybe I need to look for a seat module from a 2003/04. So thats 2 for 3 so far (power and heat)......just need to get the memory part working. Sounds like its a communication issue so a seat module may be in order.

Problem is none of my guns are registered......guess i could get the .32 registered just to keep with me

Quick Reply: BCM and heated memory seats