Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

BCM and heated memory seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
Okay, so maybe I need to look for a seat module from a 2003/04. So thats 2 for 3 so far (power and heat)......just need to get the memory part working. Sounds like its a communication issue so a seat module may be in order.

Problem is none of my guns are registered......guess i could get the .32 registered just to keep with me
I never use the memory part....IDK why?

And NONE of my guns are registered, and I carry them with a CCP...never had a problem
Old 10-12-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Part number on the seat module says its good for 2003-2006 seats. So maybe its not a communication thing.....
Old 10-12-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Regular

Old 10-12-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

Okay, so maybe I need to look for a seat module from a 2003/04. So thats 2 for 3 so far (power and heat)......just need to get the memory part working. Sounds like its a communication issue so a seat module may be in order.

Problem is none of my guns are registered......guess i could get the .32 registered just to keep with me
No registration law in the United States. You also do not have to own a gun in order to get a CCW. If the issuing office tells you that you do they are incorrect.
I am a licensed FFL holder and a Class III weapon holder.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ender06
I never use the memory part....IDK why?

And NONE of my guns are registered, and I carry them with a CCP...never had a problem

LOL....I believe he need to upgrade from the ol' .32 to something more like a .40 cal or a 10mm....at least a .45 acp
Old 10-12-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
LOL....I believe he need to upgrade from the ol' .32 to something more like a .40 cal or a 10mm....at least a .45 acp
Yeah, that .32 might just **** off a big man, lol. I'd carry my D@mn .500 Mag if I didn't trip over the barrel and the weight pulled my pants down every step
Old 10-12-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

lol.....guess i could keep the 30/30 hanging in the back window.

Pretty sure the seat module needs to be replaced. I noticed that sometimes the heat will stay on for 15, 20,or 30 seconds then go off by its self......then other times it will stay on until I turn it off. Must have something to do with that seat module. I am going tp pick one up from Ebay for about $40.

Still cant wrap my head around how the guys with the 1999 trucks can install a 2002 BCM with and not have any problems with mismatching VINs. When the escalade BCM comes in I am going to try it just for giggles.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

lol.....guess i could keep the 30/30 hanging in the back window.

Pretty sure the seat module needs to be replaced. I noticed that sometimes the heat will stay on for 15, 20,or 30 seconds then go off by its self......then other times it will stay on until I turn it off. Must have something to do with that seat module. I am going tp pick one up from Ebay for about $40.

Still cant wrap my head around how the guys with the 1999 trucks can install a 2002 BCM with and not have any problems with mismatching VINs. When the escalade BCM comes in I am going to try it just for giggles.

For $40 I'd definately try the seat memeory module. Can't really go wrong there. I think that will cure your problem.

I think there's more to the BCM swap that people aren't letting you in on. I know that the PCM and the BCM have to have matching VIN's before they will communicate. So......
Old 10-13-2009, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

I have read quite a few threads saying a seat module change was needed on similar situations as mine. I will find out this weekend

Threads like these are what make me wonder about the BCM swap. EFILive allows you to do a BCM-VATs relink in a few seconds now so there must be something to it. My question would be would the BCM throw codes on equipment you dont have if it thought they were supposed to be there?

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...&highlight=BCM

Thanks for all your help by the way Torque Wrench.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Pretty sure the seat module needs to be replaced. I noticed that sometimes the heat will stay on for 15, 20,or 30 seconds then go off by its self......then other times it will stay on until I turn it off.
Do both seats act the same way?

This was what my drivers side heat was doing when the lower heating element started shorting out. When I replaced it I saw that it had been melting into the seat foam under my ****. Got that fixed and now my heat works fine. My memory buttons are flaky though. Sometimes they work and sometimes they remember whatever they want for the seat settings which usually puts me eating the steering wheel or trying to get out real fast before I get squished. I don't use them much, but occasionally my wife gets to drive the truck.

Quick Reply: BCM and heated memory seats