Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

99 sierra heating issue question

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 08:05 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 99 sierra heating issue question

Alright well these past few days Ive been driving my truck around while the beater was down, and this past sunday I was giving this truck hell once I have broke in the new gears.

Well The problem is its cold up here in michigan in the morning still and I need heat in the truck the temp is at 195 no more once running for a few while driving and the air coming from the duct work is maybe 100 degrees.

tuesday morning got to work 10-15 miles heat was cool but not hot like normal first thought was water pump is quiting on me finally at 215k on the ticker.... well it still not over heating.... get out of the truck pop the hood the lower coolant line of the radiator was warm but no where near as hot the top. Then I noticed the coolant level was pretty low so I put about a half gallon of coolant and then that didnt do the trick.

So left work tuesday figured to wash the truck put it away and wait for the motor swap to come along before i do the pump. Well some punk *** kids and there rice runners where eyeballing the truck for being to loud maybe... so I figured what the hell give it hell Im close to home.... well after holdin 2nd gear at 5500 rpm for about 10-20 secs (dont know) I got heat back in the truck... truck wasnt over heating or anything. .. weird right? maybe air bouble?

today (wed) had heat while driving around and just left the parents house and have no heat again WTF... anybody else having these problems?
Old 03-14-2008, 01:00 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

no ideas>?