Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

2007 tahoe headlights spyder ipcw made by sonar same light? whats best?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 tahoe headlights spyder ipcw made by sonar same light? whats best?

I have so far had the cheap ebay ones that cost 200 bucks and came with hid lamps for low beams and had ballasts for the ccfl halos but they didnt fit good and the low beam side the defuser in the projector was crooked so the light was all screwed up so sent them back and they are made by sonar out of tawian and had the spyder part number on them but who I got them through didnt call them spyder and they were cheaper than any I have seen carrying the name. So I try ipcw this time from another car place on ebay and what do you know the light didnt just look the same but has the same sonar manufacture with another part number on them and these claim to be better brand with sealed lamps from moisture others said could fog up but what the hell they are 150 more for these and they are really the same lamp. Maybe better guts? one was ccfl and these are led for the rings. I like the look but the lamp is crap the low beam sucks even with hid in them. My factory caddy cts is great with projector so someone has to make a good replacement for these trucks and tahoes 2007 and up so anyone that has them or another brand or can shed some light on this different vendors but same manufacture thing would help me decide with to do as my factory are done and want the look but also need to see at night and not going to give that up for better looks. I gave up searching the web to find nothing so maybe someone has been down a similar road to me.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:25 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Attached Thumbnails 2007 tahoe headlights spyder ipcw made by sonar same light? whats best?-lets-eat-grandma.jpg  
Old 06-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

The English major in me is dying.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Longest sentence ever.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Teching In

ok ******** so all I get is a bunch of smart *** remarks from a bunch of **** head kids obviously. I did it on my cell at work and was trying to knock it out quick. once again this proves to be a suck *** place to get any info from. A bunch of trailer park redneck trash is all that bothers to answer on this site.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

>Fails to ask question
>Doesn't get detailed answer
>flames everyone
>automatically we all live in trailers.

The logic is clearly there. Good luck with your headlights. I may be a redneck but I can use punctuation on my cell phone.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:03 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1z350
ok ******** so all I get is a bunch of smart *** remarks from a bunch of **** head kids obviously. I did it on my cell at work and was trying to knock it out quick. once again this proves to be a suck *** place to get any info from. A bunch of trailer park redneck trash is all that bothers to answer on this site.
Listen buddy, I don't know you, and you don't know me. I came into your thread to read your question and try to offer some help. I offer quite a bit of help around here(when I can), just ask around or check my posts. But the way you wrote that post, had my head hurting before I even got half-way through it. I just tried to read it again, and I still don't understand your situation or your questions. Just sayin'.

Punctuation & grammar both go a long ways here. How can you expect us to be serious about helping you, if you aren't even serious when you post?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've got 4 years of Arctic winters on my IPCW taillights and all the LED's still work perfectly. The only issue I had was with moisture getting into the reverse light housing (still uses conventional bulb). There is no mention of Sonar anywhere on the housing, but maybe they changed hands in the last few years or you simply got ripped off and were sent a generic replacement instead of a name brand part.

If you want to call us all rednecks, I would think that someone with zero understanding of punctuation would be the uneducated "redneck". Especially if that person is running in here demanding answers, without trying to appeal to those who are taking the time out of their day to help you with your issues.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

I'm a redneck. I think I missed the memo where we were uneducated :[
Old 06-12-2013, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't live in a trailer....Im in a van down by the river

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe headlights spyder ipcw made by sonar same light? whats best?