PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/)
-   -   2007 tahoe headlights spyder ipcw made by sonar same light? whats best? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/2007-tahoe-headlights-spyder-ipcw-made-sonar-same-light-whats-best-518775/)

lt1z350 06-10-2013 08:11 PM

2007 tahoe headlights spyder ipcw made by sonar same light? whats best?

I have so far had the cheap ebay ones that cost 200 bucks and came with hid lamps for low beams and had ballasts for the ccfl halos but they didnt fit good and the low beam side the defuser in the projector was crooked so the light was all screwed up so sent them back and they are made by sonar out of tawian and had the spyder part number on them but who I got them through didnt call them spyder and they were cheaper than any I have seen carrying the name. So I try ipcw this time from another car place on ebay and what do you know the light didnt just look the same but has the same sonar manufacture with another part number on them and these claim to be better brand with sealed lamps from moisture others said could fog up but what the hell they are 150 more for these and they are really the same lamp. Maybe better guts? one was ccfl and these are led for the rings. I like the look but the lamp is crap the low beam sucks even with hid in them. My factory caddy cts is great with projector so someone has to make a good replacement for these trucks and tahoes 2007 and up so anyone that has them or another brand or can shed some light on this different vendors but same manufacture thing would help me decide with to do as my factory are done and want the look but also need to see at night and not going to give that up for better looks. I gave up searching the web to find nothing so maybe someone has been down a similar road to me.

AKlowriderZ71 06-10-2013 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:hmmm:

Slow00Chevy 06-11-2013 09:54 AM

The English major in me is dying.

Ferocity02 06-11-2013 01:28 PM

Longest sentence ever.

lt1z350 06-11-2013 08:35 PM

ok assholes so all I get is a bunch of smart ass remarks from a bunch of fuck head kids obviously. I did it on my cell at work and was trying to knock it out quick. once again this proves to be a suck ass place to get any info from. A bunch of trailer park redneck trash is all that bothers to answer on this site.:redneck:

Slow00Chevy 06-11-2013 08:43 PM

>Fails to ask question
>Doesn't get detailed answer
>flames everyone
>automatically we all live in trailers.

The logic is clearly there. Good luck with your headlights. I may be a redneck but I can use punctuation on my cell phone.

AKlowriderZ71 06-12-2013 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by lt1z350 (Post 5113346)
ok assholes so all I get is a bunch of smart ass remarks from a bunch of fuck head kids obviously. I did it on my cell at work and was trying to knock it out quick. once again this proves to be a suck ass place to get any info from. A bunch of trailer park redneck trash is all that bothers to answer on this site.:redneck:

Listen buddy, I don't know you, and you don't know me. I came into your thread to read your question and try to offer some help. I offer quite a bit of help around here(when I can), just ask around or check my posts. But the way you wrote that post, had my head hurting before I even got half-way through it. I just tried to read it again, and I still don't understand your situation or your questions. Just sayin'. ;)

Punctuation & grammar both go a long ways here. How can you expect us to be serious about helping you, if you aren't even serious when you post?

Koots 06-12-2013 02:21 PM

I've got 4 years of Arctic winters on my IPCW taillights and all the LED's still work perfectly. The only issue I had was with moisture getting into the reverse light housing (still uses conventional bulb). There is no mention of Sonar anywhere on the housing, but maybe they changed hands in the last few years or you simply got ripped off and were sent a generic replacement instead of a name brand part.

If you want to call us all rednecks, I would think that someone with zero understanding of punctuation would be the uneducated "redneck". Especially if that person is running in here demanding answers, without trying to appeal to those who are taking the time out of their day to help you with your issues.

Slow00Chevy 06-12-2013 02:26 PM

I'm a redneck. I think I missed the memo where we were uneducated :[

Slammed96 06-12-2013 07:40 PM

I don't live in a trailer....Im in a van down by the river :dewey: