Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

2 SC Harleys see my tailights.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 SC Harleys see my tailights.

I was going over to see my GF in Rio Grande City and on the way overthere. this SC Harley pulls up next to me going about 60 mph. As I glanced it, I thought to myself "this is too good to be true". Well I hear him honking and were off on the 3rd one. I heard his blower going and imidiately pull on him leaving several truck lengths behing to about 100mph. He flashe his lights and I wait for him. He tell me "30 roll". I said fine. So we slowdown to about 30 and do it again and similar results. I probably pulled on him even worst this time. Well we get to town and we are at a stop light and he rolls down his and tell me how nice my truck runs. Well several lights down he tell me he has a buddy whith a Black Harley that wants to run me. I said fine and asked him "where is he"? He said "he is right in back of you". So he works himself next to me and revs the hell out of his truck. Well go from a 30 roll and I make my tires scream and fishtail to one side(shitty pavement). well he puts about 1 truck length on me and now i have to play catdh up. We go at it for a little bit and traffic up front so we both let off. I thought to myself 'no way in hell is this Harley stock". So I even up with him once more and told him to lets go race in a back road. He said fine. Well to make the story short.. 1st race from a 30, I bark my tires loud and fishtail less than last time. He puts about half truck on me and then rill him slowly and pass him @ about 60mph and and only put half a truck on him since there was a curve ahead. We stop and talk and asked him what he had to his Harley.. becasue sure as hell is faster than his friend's. He smirked and said his truck is stock and he always beats his friend's Harley. I told him lets go from a 40 roll because I was still barking my tires and fishtailing on that last run. He accepted. Well, I did not let my truck go past 39mph (since my truck does not down shift to 1st @ 40) when I heard him honk. We were off. I downshifted to 1 and he probably stayed in 2nd. I pull on him like 2 truck lengths to about 80 mph then I got in front of him and put my hazard lights. I pulled over to see if wanted to talk and both Harleys just go past by me and honk. I really whished I knew what the other harley had under the hood.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:41 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its so fun to smoke a 40k truck! Nice kills!
Old 11-30-2003, 02:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Nice dude! Guess that cam is doing the trick. Good deal, glads its running good!! Smacking on the Fords. Thats not nice!
Old 11-30-2003, 02:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i must be living in the wrong part of the country because i don't get any opportunities for kills around here. kind of good though since i have a one heavy ****.
Old 11-30-2003, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

good deal file,

that is the best, two in one trip.. i never get any races like that..

better get that 3000 stall, i bet if you meet them again, they wont be the same speed wise..
Old 11-30-2003, 04:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

The first one I raced was grey with flems and the 2nd(not stock) was black with the silver stripe.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tiburon
The first one I raced was grey with flems and the 2nd(not stock) was black with the silver stripe.
hah, i'm gonna call my buddy, maybe the black/silver one was him,

get on yahoo
Old 11-30-2003, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Good kill,I've never raced a Harley truck,but I'm 6 wins to no losses against Lightnings since adding the Radix to my Tahoe.It really pisses them off when an SUV beats them.Sounds like your truck runs pretty good for the mods you are listing.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Ya, I am very pleased with my cam as well. If it wasn't for 4wd from a light I would have a hard time winning. Will prolly be even worse when my yank arrives!
Old 11-30-2003, 05:17 PM
12 Second Club

BADASS! Good kill. I should be driving my new truck down to your area on tues/wed

Quick Reply: 2 SC Harleys see my tailights.