Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

03-06 cluster in a 99-02 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2022, 07:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,175 Likes on 895 Posts

It's not that it is the wires in the wrong spot but it is the circuit board's printed lines that you have to move around
Old 04-02-2022, 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah I see that after reading this thread. It has taken me weeks of searching online to even come across this thread with actual useful info. It's like every other one is "Nope. Can't swap. Totally different." Yes... well ok what part?? Details would be awesome. I'm no stranger to wires. Also, I'm from Houston and I'm gonna be back there soon. I'm gonna go check out PIClusters while I'm in town and see what's up. I see they don't post prices so if they are trying to charge $900 for a "swap kit assembly" or whatever, bs 🤔
Old 04-02-2022, 09:26 AM
TECH Junkie

You speak Spanish? That guy does not speak English very well, only sort of.
PIClusters is okay but they do charge like $700 for a cluster, which really is not that bad if you close your eyes and pretend this is a newer truck lol
There is another guy that does this as well but I cannot remember his name.

I do not know which part of the board needs to be recircuited out. If I remember correctly it has to do with the battery and the oil pressure gauge. Or maybe the temp and the oil pressure. Something like that but those two read backwards. Gotta flip them around or something I am not sure.

Edit: If someone could just science it out and post a write up rather than grab the game by it's nuts we wouldn't have this problem. I would try it but I don't have a bench tester for one and for two I don't have any of the schematics or nothin.
Old 04-02-2022, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

If I could get ahold of a 03+ cluster for cheap (or maybe even a donor &#128527 I would do it and then pass on any useful knowledge 👍
Old 04-03-2022, 03:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Check eBay they got them hoes cheap
Old 04-13-2022, 03:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MagicianElectrician
If I could get ahold of a 03+ cluster for cheap (or maybe even a donor &#128527 I would do it and then pass on any useful knowledge 👍
What part of Houston are you from? I work in a junk yard in Houston and could get you one
The following users liked this post:
MagicianElectrician (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 12:53 AM
Staging Lane

I've lived all over the west side. Cypress, Sugarland, and eventually landed in Katy. Do you work at a Pick-a-part? I'm gonna be back in Houston on Friday. And do you mean you can hook it up for cheap?
Old 04-26-2022, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dolph572

I always wanted to do this conversion and finally got to do it on my buddys truck as a test dummy lol. I got all gauges working beside the battery and oil pressure needles to work… trans temp works but as you can see on hp tuners temps only at 91. I made a plug and play harness all I did was rep-in the wires
Did you ever get it all working?? I want to do the same thing to my 02 Tahoe. Moving around wires at the connector for the cluster I'm comfortable with. I've read it takes moving trace lines on the circuit board etc. and I have no idea which ones as of now. I just don't wanna dive into this project without all the knowledge needed to do it right. Cluster is something I don't wanna do half ***.

Can you get in touch with me about the harness pin outs for each year (03 cluster, 02 wiring harness)?
Old 04-26-2022, 09:40 PM
TECH Junkie

@MagicianElectrician Can you speak Spanish? If so you can talk to P.I. Clusters from Houston or maybe EZ Clusters, I think that guy is located in Houston, both of the main guys are really Spanish only.

I have a video where he sort of explains how it takes moving the circuit board traces but he doesn't explicitly state which one. Of course not though because he wants to hold the market bythe ******* nuts.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I called and talked with him a minute. His English isn't that bad. And I like his cluster work too. But I lost respect when he told me price starts at $700 😲 and then watch his latest video post of him and his wife on a Vegas vacation living it up. And then more videos of him raiding the pick-n-pull parts yards of gauge clusters 😠 I know he's not paying any more than $150 each for em, and probably less. I have nothing against entrepreneurship, but this is price gouging if you ask me. So yeah, no wonder he's keeping the method hush hush. Just need one person to let the rabbit out of the hat 😏

Quick Reply: 03-06 cluster in a 99-02 Silverado