GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

WTB Cal-Tracs

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe just spend the 350 on them... Remember you will always make more money tom.. The deal KN has going on sounds interesting.. I am waiting on the pics
Old 11-03-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kyle, put me down for a set pending pictures. If I like what I see, I'll play. I want to see good quality materials and painted parts. (nothing that will rust). Also I want to see how they'll attach to the springs, I don't want it to pinch the leaf or put a stress fracture in the area where the mount goes. A pic is worth a thousands words. More than likely I'll buy a set but i'll be putting the truck away for winter in a few weeks here (pending salt on the roads). I could give you a review of them before that time if they were already done
Old 11-03-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Junkie

John, to be honest I didn't really care for Chris's snippy attitute on the phone about not wanting to do a group purchase for us. He actually said "I'd rather not have the business and save myself from a headache than to try and collect money from everyone who says they're in." I thought that was kinda fugged up. But whatever. If Kyle has can make me something that doesn't involve removing my gas tank, I'm game as long as it works and looks good
Old 11-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Baltimore Whore

Joe

No ****, did't know he was such a dick.. One thing is dropping/moving the tank is a *****. I will be so happy when i get this thing celled.. Yah well if KB can do it and your not in desperate need then wait..
Old 11-03-2009, 07:32 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hirdlej
John, to be honest I didn't really care for Chris's snippy attitute on the phone about not wanting to do a group purchase for us. He actually said "I'd rather not have the business and save myself from a headache than to try and collect money from everyone who says they're in." I thought that was kinda fugged up. But whatever. If Kyle has can make me something that doesn't involve removing my gas tank, I'm game as long as it works and looks good
You dont have to remove the gas tank haha. Also i am surprised with the shitty tude the guy had. They must still be doing ok in this shitty econ we have.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Baltimore Whore

I know one thing that pisses me off is why can't any parts have a good quality powder coating finish on them.. My bars are stating to rust already...
Old 11-03-2009, 07:38 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I know one thing that pisses me off is why can't any parts have a good quality powder coating finish on them.. My bars are stating to rust already...
******* east coast weather kills EVERYTHING. I thought it was a nice powdercoat job they did haha.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by skolman91
not bad kb, pics when avail plz.. and does the bushing still have to come out like caltracs?
No, from back in my Stock car racing days, I found it is a lot easier to get more grip if you have a little cushion to absorb the "hit" you get when you stab the throttle, letting the tires hook and not spin. The biggest thing these style bars do is stop axle wrap which cause wheel hop as the tires load and unload. That's what these style bars do since the pivot point is still the eye of the spring.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Kyle, put me down for a set pending pictures. If I like what I see, I'll play. I want to see good quality materials and painted parts. (nothing that will rust). Also I want to see how they'll attach to the springs, I don't want it to pinch the leaf or put a stress fracture in the area where the mount goes. A pic is worth a thousands words. More than likely I'll buy a set but i'll be putting the truck away for winter in a few weeks here (pending salt on the roads). I could give you a review of them before that time if they were already done
Ditto. I'd be game for a set.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

x2 im down for a set also when there ready

Quick Reply: WTB Cal-Tracs