Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

whose using what engine oil?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whose using what engine oil?

Just curious to see what everyone is running for oil in your trucks so come on what are YOU running??? Penzoil myself
Old 08-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cmon man search.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...hlight=penzoil

You might want to reconsider penzoil... Take off your valve covers some time and see if there's a yellow sludge building up.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Eh when people tell you pennzoil leaves sludge tell them so does their mom I've used pennzoil since I owned my first engine operated vehicle and will always continue to do so. What I'd like to know is the oil change intervals people are using when they use an oil such as pennzoil or quaker state (parafin wax base). When changed properly these oils will be just fine and actually protect better than a detergent based oil such as havoline or valvoline (shudder). I beat the ever loving bajeebus out of every motor I've ever owned and have never seen an engine of mine fail due to poor oiling or protection. If you want to push all the aside about people preching to you on engine oils, fact of the matter is the crappiest oil you can find in the store nowadays is better than the best oil you could afford 15-20 years ago. A lot of those cars are still driving around and doing fine. If you put the crappiest oil you could find in your truck it will still protect the engine and make it last longer than you would care to even keep your truck. You won't have your truck or that engine long enough to care. You'll want to swap to something bigger and better before you'll wear your engine out using crappy oil.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im a firm believer in Havoline myself
Old 08-02-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hirdlej
I've used pennzoil since I owned my first engine operated vehicle and will always continue to do so.
same here...never had a problem whether its in my antique tractors or my trucks...and Ive had the valve covers off to adjust valves and what not and no sludge what so ever...and not for nothin, every time I use my tractor its under full load at WOT for hours at a time, plowing or disking so Ive been very please...
Old 08-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Mobile 1 Full Synthetic.....
Old 08-02-2008, 10:23 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

I agree with hirdlej here, it is probably more important to know the change intervals as the type of oil used. I believe most quality brands will provide more than adequate lubrication when maintained.
I personally use M1 full synthetic and have since my first oil change. I change my oil religiously at 3-4K miles or when it starts to look nasty and before I ht the track.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Royal Purple 5W-30, Mobile extended life filter. Changed when computer says 25% oil life remaining
Old 08-02-2008, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

mobile one for years,but for some reason I have used penzoil since I bought this truck.

Will switch to royal purple for the next oil change
Old 08-02-2008, 12:13 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Recently switched from Mobil1 to Amsoil, was happy with Mobil1 though.

Quick Reply: whose using what engine oil?