Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is the best exhaust cutout to get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyer
I don't think I can even come up for a good response to that other than maybe ... WTF were you thinking?! Maybe that's it ... you should think before letting the fingers glide over the keyboard.

In my opinion, the street pros look a little barbaric.

As for clearance ... that would have a lot to do with the installer.
The guy asked a question and I provided an answer. (hence the concept of a forum...discussion)
I didn't ask you to respond to my statements. You didn't even answer any of his questions, so I can't see how your "superior"/demeaning post is any more relevant or necessary than mine. ...The streetpro's barbaric? Compared to the qtecs?..Hmmmm And as far as clearance goes, yes, the streetpro's design can grant you a little more clearance. And yes, with enough time and money you can do anything (like install qtec cutouts with great clearance) but as a general weld-in/bolt on install, it appears that the strretpros are more flush/less protruding.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Quick Time
slammed-am
Alot of units out there. For every 1 bad experience you hear about there are over 100 good experiences that you dont. So dont think that everything you hear or read is fact.

Flyer
Contact me about your experience with GM. I would like to know more about it. I have dealt with them a few times. I am going into this very slowly. Thanks
Yup. You are right.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:52 AM
TECH Resident

I had two installed on my Nova a couple years ago. Good product to say the least. They can leak a little at times and I'm not to fond of the switch set up they provided, but I'm happy with them.

Quicktime, I contacted you a couple months ago about another vehicle in my lineup and I was told you would contact me back and never did. Mainly a qtec down pipe on a S-R-T-4 that you were designing. I am sure the word didn't get passed down, but regardless I need some info. I'll pm you my info when you respond to this.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mudz5.3

We have not started on the SRT4 down pipe. Seems the import market is not a fruitful as everyone make it seem. We might work on one over the winter. Any questions call us.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

My buddies dad(CARAZYCUTER 4.8) got the dual elec cutouts from dmhperformance for his Silverado SS and they are nice.He is relaly happy eith themand he is a very picky old timer! Flowtech is the only company that I Ive seen that makes the cutouts. Thats what the dmhperformance ones are.