Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

!!warning to illinois residence!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol....cops around here where i live arent that bad....most of em that ive talked to set their radar detectors at 12 over.....ive only gotten pulled over once and that was for being stupid and swerving around and i just apologized and said i was being stupid and he just told me i was free to go....and i know they could care less about exhaust....ive seen a few straight piped trucks and cars that are even rattaling stuff inside my truck drive by cops and they dont even look up....Texas is the bomb lol
Old 03-30-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate dumb *** laws! what ever happend to America the land of the free! where is my freedome to run straight thru exhaust with no cats
Old 03-31-2010, 02:25 AM
Launching!

yeah no kidding. i had to control myself so much from doing anything rash. that cop was such a jack off. i do not know how i was able to not say anything... but when i got home... oh boy i was pissed... i got home. boots went flying and i was on here typing like nuts.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hirdlej
You voted them into office, now you just have to vote them out
Well unfortunately, (not to start a political talk) but most of Illinois doesn't get much say. I'm 5 hours away from Chicago and they make the laws and we have to abide by them. Too bad, but that's just the way it is in our communist state

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I hate stupid laws like that, I'm sure that it's probably the same here in Jersey. If they want to keep noise down, they should have a certain decibel level not to exceed, not a stock or stock replacement muffler requirement, that's just BS
It's just a money thing, it's easy to hit up people like us for money so they can pay the dead beats and crooked politicians.

I've had aftermarket exhaust in Illinois since before I turned 16. Only 6+ years but still. I had true duals with no mufflers and 4" tips and I only got pulled over once and it was for speeding. These tickets are just giving them a reason for pulling you over.

Lesson: If you are out and you leave the bar with exhaust there is the reason to pull you over. I hate it stupid stuff like this, but it's the way it is. Politicians are always fighting . . . just for us.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

budhayes3 is right. They should have a decibel handheld checker just like they check your window tint. Not just an opinion of how loud your exhaust is. camochev is also right. It is a money thing. It is a way to bring in revenue from an already working society to support a lazy baby making douchebag medicaid welfare society. just my .02

yeah I'm a right winger

Last edited by RXDawg; 04-07-2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: let everyone know I'm pro-gun, pro-life, pro-God, and pro-states rights
Old 05-07-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

That's why I moved the h3ll outta Des Plaines. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING you either get busted for or looked at suspiciously. Property taxes also kept pace eith the Google IPO, I'm free now................
Old 05-07-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

... Is this even real? I thought you have the right driving with Aftermarket mufflers in the U.S.
Where are thos laws coming from anyways...
Old 05-07-2010, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Foxxer
... Is this even real? I thought you have the right driving with Aftermarket mufflers in the U.S.
Where are thos laws coming from anyways...
Kenyans?
Old 05-09-2010, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

What I really didn't care for was all the dead folk gettin' up outta the grave yards come voting time..............
Old 05-10-2010, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2001c3driver
What I really didn't care for was all the dead folk gettin' up outta the grave yards come voting time..............
Not only dead people voting, but dead people voting twice.

Quick Reply: !!warning to illinois residence!!