Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

!!warning to illinois residence!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 05:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always get steamed when people group "cops" together. Like any job or group of people, ya there are some jack asses. Most of the time they get sifted out through the years. But when people just plain dont like cops and start telling their kids not to like cops I have a real problem with it and dont think it's right, especially when I have to potentially risk my life to help these people.

anyway, thanks for anyone who cares.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HuskerZ71
I always get steamed when people group "cops" together.
Well, then maybe yall should stop sporting the same haircut...

To the OP,

I agree with the ticket, you should remove the muffler a.s.a.p. Cherrybombs sound like chit.

x2 on what ChevyScott said, IF you get a real ticket. Frame the warning, b/c that is probably the last on you'll ever get.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you kno, i was pulled over in illinois 2 min after crossing the state line for me truck being to loud, doin 72 in a 65, and over sized tires (285/75/16)

cop was cool though, gave me a warning
Old 03-21-2010, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

Page 6-13 of my 2002 Silverado owners manual says that it is against federal law to remove or tamper with the fan shroud, fan clutch, underhood insulation, exhaust pipe clamps, catalytic converters, mufflers, air intake, and the air intake silencer.

also says it is illegal to remove the rev limiter.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

In Oklahoma Its illegal to have anything louder than stock too. I was pulled over once in a small town for my exhaust. As the officer is telling me, a group of Harley's drive by..... Kinda makes me mad when I got a warning for my 40 series on a
STOCK truck being too loud when straight pipe motorcycles are fine.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by cams 98 silverado
...is it me, or does this make you want to take a big steaming poo on the legislation door step? bunch of white arrogant jagoffs. their prius don't Emmit any noise and thus feel neither should we ...
The legislators that are in office now are probably the grandchildren of the people that made that law. You should not feel that you have to take your frustration out on them. I know how it is to be taught the law by getting a ticket, it sucks.
It's my opinion that if you knew about this law, you would not be any more upset about it than you would if you got caught speeding, and you knew what the speed limit was.
Most everything that you can get ticketed for is in the "Rules of the Road" book.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bulldogSS
a$$hole cop just like all the rest of them. most of em were picked on in school and now they have a badge they think they can do the pickin. they like to write tickets and stay relatively safe. most are to scared to go out and handle real crime. they would much rather hide somewhere and catch you speeding on your lunch break than go bust the local drug dealer. some where along the line serve and protect went out the window. they are now predators who look for you to mess up the least little bit so they can act like they have some power and hit you in the wallet. if you cant already tell i despise the police. and i dont lie to my children and tell them that the police are "their friends and there to help" because that is absolute BS. rant over sorry
You're in serious need of an education, culture, and a reality check. Its people like you and comments like that that has led to all types of racism, sexism, and every other type of discrimination that exists in the world today. Your generalization of a specific group, in this case cops, is completely asinine. Using your idiotic logic do you hate all doctors because a lot of them have malpractice suits? Hate all scientists because some develop diseases? Hate all engineers cause some develop bombs? Hate all Marines because some of them are jar-heads (with all the same haircut)? Hate all women because one was a bitch to you? Or hate all men because one kicked your ***? As much as there are a handful of people in every group that ruin your experience, there are just as many if not more that are positive people.

The next time your house is being broken into, your truck gets stolen, or that drug dealer you referred to above is dealing to your kids and pimping out your daughter, DON’T CALL THE COPS. They’re all ******** anyways, right?

Last edited by xsports33; 03-22-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

3 pages of this thread
Old 03-23-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Red04Silverado
3 pages of this thread
Then change your page options, I only see 2 pages.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:17 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I hate stupid laws like that, I'm sure that it's probably the same here in Jersey. If they want to keep noise down, they should have a certain decibel level not to exceed, not a stock or stock replacement muffler requirement, that's just BS
The cops in Hunterdon County don't seem to care. I had stopped in a Dunkin Donuts parking lot to call my buddy on my way to his house to get my exhaust welded up on Sunday, and as I was leaving, I drove right by two cop cars in the parking lot with my open LTs.

They stared me down, but didn't come after me.

Quick Reply: !!warning to illinois residence!!