Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!!warning to illinois residence!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy !!warning to illinois residence!!

On my way home tonight, at 1230 am. A police occifer pulled me over. i didnt use my turn signal to merge to a turn lane and then turn. The road was absolutely dead. she came out of buttfawk nowhere as well. she tells me that she also pulled me over because of my muffler. I asked what you mean by that. APPARENTLY!!! i am, nor is anyone else that lives in ILLINOIS allowed to have a muffler louder than stock. MEANING!!! magnaflow, borla, cherrybomb, bassani, flowmaster are illegal in this state. HOW STUPID!!! i get home, look it up, she was fawking right!!! WAT THE FAWK!!! she gave me a warning and said i need to replace my muffler soon. i was like, um... youll really hate me then when i go longtube and full exhaust, this is just a stock exhaust with cherrybomb.

(625 ILCS 5/12‑602) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 12‑602)
Sec. 12‑602. Mufflers, prevention of noise.
Every motor vehicle driven or operated upon the highways of this State shall at all times be equipped with an adequate muffler or exhaust system in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise. No such muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped with a cutout, bypass or similar device. No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise of such vehicle above that emitted by the muffler originally installed on the vehicle, and such original muffler shall comply with all the requirements of this Section.
(Source: P. A. 77‑37.)

is it me, or does this make you want to take a big steaming poo on the legislation door step? bunch of white arrogant jagoffs. their prius don't Emmit any noise and thus feel neither should we. and then i guess it makes any sale of or install of any aftermarket muffler illegal and 3/4 of cars and trucks will be ticketed. never. NEVER have i been pulled over for anything minus when i was speeding and pulled over in a friends car for writing help in the back window and a crooked ***** above it. I am happy that she was nice enough to not ticket me and write a warning. but how idiotic is this. to place such a law into a state. i understand a certian decibel level, but not like this. this... well they talked to the wrong person. Either monday or sometime next week. I am going to write up a petition and start getting signatures because this is disgusting. I am going to call the secretary of state tomorrow on lunch and ask why in hell and who in hell put this in action. This is also the first time i am involved in any political action. is it me? i am sure this entire community on this great site has a non stock muffler on at least one vehicle. hell, my friends lawn mower had a "sporty" muffler. my 3 wheeler, performance muffler. my t-maxx has a loud *** muffler too. Depending on how the fone call goes. Ill make that petition and ill see if i can put it up here or something. this takes the term "gotta pay to play" to a whole new level. and she wasnt even good looking. I had hoped my first female cop would be hot at least...
Old 03-20-2010, 01:16 AM

damn that sucks , gotta love my lone star state where if its too loud your too old jaja

good luck on your political conquest, i hope they ease up a bit on that dumb law.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well thats B.S.! i hope texas doesnt pull any crap like that because there will be a **** ton of tickits! i swear every truck in my town has an aftermarket exhaust especially DIESEL'S! i doubt texas would do it at least not for a long time. thats a rediculous law!
Old 03-20-2010, 05:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it does state HIGHWAY....
Old 03-20-2010, 06:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
it does state HIGHWAY....
just limit your travel on highways if possible. I support your political conquest, but i think you would have a better shot at staying out of jail after a congressional shooting spree than getting that law changed. That is a cash cow for the state because of people like us, why would they through away money like that?
Old 03-20-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Most states have those provisions in place. Doesn't really stop people from doing it, though.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You voted them into office, now you just have to vote them out
Old 03-20-2010, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

you could fight it if you got a ticket, i had the same problem here in arkansas but i had a muffler shop install my exhaust and it does have a muffler, since thats the case a muffler shop cannot install anything illegal on a truck or car or whatever, unless its trailered in and out, so if you had a reciept where a muffler shop did it before you get the ticket they can not legally fine you and say your muffler is too loud!! thats how i got away with it! i know you just got a waring but if it happns again you should play that card! JMO...
Old 03-20-2010, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

So if that code is true then it would be illeagal to drive C6 z's there and certain V-dubs?
Old 03-20-2010, 10:17 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate stupid laws like that, I'm sure that it's probably the same here in Jersey. If they want to keep noise down, they should have a certain decibel level not to exceed, not a stock or stock replacement muffler requirement, that's just BS

Quick Reply: !!warning to illinois residence!!