Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

VaraRam Veolcity Stack - what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VaraRam Veolcity Stack - what do you think?

I know some of you are using the Velocity Stack so I'd like to hear what you think of it. Any before and after dyno numbers, driveability changes, mileages increases ect...

For the people that don't know about this product here is a little info -

Features:
Designed to produce power and torque throughout the RPM range
Increases throttle response
Increases gas mileage
Increases acceleration
Installs in just minutes!
A patent-pending design!

Eliminates the need for a ported throttle-body by smoothing and reshaping the throttle-body entrance to increase the incoming air velocity at each given RPM.

The VR velocity stack was designed to reshape the factory throttle-body in order to boost air flow velocity at each given RPM. The overall shape of each VR velocity stack has undergone some of the most intensive airflow research that we have ever done to produce the best overall shape for each engine's airflow requirements.

Created a balanced air stream between the upper and lower portion of the throttle-body blade = more airflow.

We then changed the shape of the entrance to build up a higher velocity charge at each given RPM. This allows the intake charge force in the manifold to be increased = increased throttle response and added torque and power under the curve where you can use it.

Streamlining the intake was also achieved by directing the air in a controlled fashion to reduce any power robbing turbulence over the AIR and PCV valve to maximize the overall efficiency of the factory throttle-body's overall diameter.

Each velocity stack features a varied plenum volume whether in front of the throttle-body or in overall length to help them boost the primary and secondary pressure waves during the cylinder firing process = a tuned and more balanced induction system giving you much better overall combustion efficiency = more power and better gas mileage.

Tom

Order line - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
E-mail - tbyrne@tbyrne.com

Installation services available!
Old 05-11-2004, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think it sounds like a gimick .... I'd love to be proven wrong though.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

want one???????????? they suck.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:13 PM
TECH Regular

They work good as paper-weights.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

I've heard that they do in fact work from a couple of people....but for $50, I don't plan on risking it. I really can't see where they would do anything but restrict the airflow if possible, but hey, a lot of things that seem like the would never work wind up working great...and somethings that claim to be great (like cat back exhausts!), really don't give the kind of performance that people would think. My Magnaflow, and I do like it, only knocked like a tenth off my ET???? Yet my HPPIII, which everyone seems to put down, knocked 5 tenths off my ET for $20 less dollars. Tom, why don't you try one (sense I know you have them around) and let us know. I'll take your word on it, and if you say its worth a **** I'll buy one that day!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:57 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default it works!

I tried on of these things. When it came in the mail, I thought, this piece of plastic isn't going to work. Anyways, I installed it. My friend and I went to the track. Before the velocity stack, I ran a 16.05. After, I ran a 15.88. Call it what you want, but it seemed to work for me. I could feel the biggest difference at low rpm. The website claims a 23 ft lb increase in torque. I doubt this, but you can feel the difference. The guys as Vararam have done a lot of testing, and average about 17 ft lbs torque on the velocity stack. Since I have the radix now, I have no need for it. The guys at Vararam said they would exchange mine for my girlfriends 4.3l V-6. I guess i'll probably do that. Try it out. Got a 30 day money back guarentee. If I don't put it on her truck, I'll sell it for 25.00 and you could feel the difference for yourself.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have one in my HD's throttlebody. I gained some throttle response and gas mileage (at least .5 MPG per tank since the install). I relized that this actually worked without even trying. I was sitting at a light and not paying attention to what was going on. I looked up to find that the light had been green for awhile so I got into the throttle a little. I thought that the truck was pulling harder than it usually does and then realized that the $50. piece of plastic actually works.

I'd tell you guys if I didn't see a gain from a mod. I wouldn't want to get 100+ calls in from customers saying that a product didn't work for them.

For the people that are saying that it sucks. Did you actually use one?
Old 05-11-2004, 11:40 PM
Teching In

Sorry to say I did try it, I drive 3000+ miles a month NO difference!!!
I'd love to get more mileage. Just to see if it was my truck we put in in my partners truck for a month trial and what do you know NO change at all aswell.
After looking at tbody pics it looks like it might work better on the older tbody's as there's no cavities or edges on the two trucks we have.
2003 and a 2004 5.3's
The tbody's have angles that ramp up to the throttle plate probably to aid in different throttle plate angles.....personally I think just a good port job is all it needs.
Sometimes the parts we buy we assume they make power and they don't, some changes are psycological, it's normal to think it FEELS better.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:40 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried it also in my 97 model.I took it out and threw it in the trash.What a piece of ****,it did not work for me.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:06 AM
Launching!

I can see it giving a little more torque by smoothing (and speeding up the air- venturi effect?) the air into the throttle body. Its still a restriction though, so you'll sacrifice power once the rpms go up, however, if our stock throttlebodys already significantly outflow the rest of these engines, then the smoothed flow might be good.

Quick Reply: VaraRam Veolcity Stack - what do you think?