Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Underbody pics of true dual exhaust setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Underbody pics of true dual exhaust setup

My exhaust guy says he wants to see some pics and maybe some suggestions or a list of parts to create a true duals set up on my truck. Its an 01 rcsb 2wd silverado. He said that the gas tank would create a problem... i didnt think it was a big deal to run true duals... to make it easier i was going to have him cut off the cats, but i think im going to run some magnaflow cats... bc he says he doesnt like messing with any emissions stuff (since its unlawful and all )

so heres my plan. Long tubes, to two high-flow cats, to two single chamber mufflers, than either turn downs or out the side before the rear tire.

And the mufflers are 3" inlet/outlet... he said i would probably be better off with the y-pipe that is made for my truck and those headers and just run one of the mufflers.. but i really would like to see if a true dual setup is what its cracked up to be... i was thinking that maybe the use of an x-pipe would help some...

if anyone has any pics, it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Joe.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get a new exhaust guy go to the next county with little emmisions.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have heard that stock cats flow as good as the high flow cats from magnaflow???? dont know if this is true... but yeah I would go to a different exhaust guy for sure...
Old 07-29-2005, 12:44 AM
Tribe Shaman

ok i will get some battries for the camra and see if i can get some good pics of the pipes for you
Old 07-29-2005, 06:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

this might help
this is 2 1/2"
Old 07-29-2005, 09:17 AM
TECH Resident

if u decide to go w/an x-pipe, get turn downs, or at least don't have a lot of pipe after the muffler. If you have a lot of pipe after the muffler, it sometimes tends to cackle (sp) during a certain RPM, this might not be true for all, but it has been w/me. so i'd say either turn downs or before the tire exit. But i say the hell with the cats, get some O2 sims and be done w/it. If ur worried about it being illegal or whatever, just get them to run pipe through the gutted cat.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice car lift, you konw those blocks can colapse when you put that much weight on them right?
Old 07-29-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by duwem
nice car lift, you konw those blocks can colapse when you put that much weight on them right?
It looks like he also has other jack stands in place.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Veteran

I would get another exhaust guy! I have also heard that the stock cats flow just as good as the high flow cats. It would be a waste of money to buy the new highflows when you wont even gain anything from them. Just get rid of your cats all together! You will be so much happier. I promise. I did the legal thing and didnt get what i was looking for until i finally had my cats cut off and straight pipe welded in its place. I hope this helps you with your decision.

Ill pst pics of my true dual system when i get back in town.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by duwem
4 jack lifts
4 8" cmu's

looks safe to me

Quick Reply: Underbody pics of true dual exhaust setup