Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turning E-Assist Off - 2017 Sierra

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turning E-Assist Off - 2017 Sierra

So i just bought a 2017 sierra SLT with the e-assist option on Sunday and love the truck. The dealer was giving $13,000 off the truck due to it being the e-assist truck, so i couldn't pass it up. There are already a few things I want to change on the truck though so contacted black bear performance.

* I asked if they could disable the stupid auto-start/stop option. It drives me absolutely nuts and I cant fugue out a way to turn it off. (I also firmly believe that I will be going through starters every year and the engine will wear out prematurely due to bad oiling). Black bear basically told me that that they cant do it, and that they aren't sure if anyone even can.

*Does anyone know of an exhaust that will flow free but wont be load or drone? I know this is a SUPER open question and I am going to get 50000 responses, but I just So i just bought a 2017 sierra SLT e-assist on Sunday and love the truck. The dealer was giving $13,000 off the truck due to it being the e-assist truck, so i couldn't pass it up. There are already a few things I want to change on the truck though so contracted black bear performance.

* (not really a tuner question but I figured id ask) I am going to be taking the stock 1.5" lift blocks out of the back of t he truck. I need to buy new leaf springs. What length should I but to ensure I have enough thread? someone has an answer. i want free slowing, quiet but with good tone, and no drone.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:50 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

Lol, I don't know of a single person who likes that autostop/autostart function. I work on the same feature from FCA and it's just a shitstorm of complaints. Is there a button in cab to shut it off during the drive? We have one in our vehicles but the US market isn't permitted to latch the switch in the 'off' position (thank EPA), so it's reenabled every key cycle. I know some people are offering clip in type devices that activate after a key start to automatically shut the feature off so you don't have to hit the button every time you get into the vehicle.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:08 PM
Teching In

unfortunately, i dont believe there is. Unless im missing something in the owners manual...
I am just concerned because not even black bear said they could tune it out...
Old 08-09-2017, 05:23 PM
Mod with training wheels

A system like that likely has a dedicated module on the CAN so the PCM will have limited control over it. There could be a way to set a PCM-side fault that prevents it from functioning though. I'll have to pull up a calibration and have a look.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:52 PM
Teching In

in English? ha
Old 08-11-2017, 05:54 PM
Mod with training wheels

There will be a lot of different conditions that must be met for the truck to allow the e-assist to operate. Disrupting just one of those conditions in the calibration would disable it permanently. Unfortunately I don't see many options available as far as diagnostics go. HP Tuners letting me down
Old 08-14-2017, 09:35 AM
Teching In

holy crap. I guess i am just amazed that with all of the tech out there in regards to tuners, no one can disable to auto start/stop.
The e-assist is actually really cool (i get an extra 20hp and 45 lb/ft of torque with it), and would like to keep it.
Is it simple because it is a 17', or is it the e-assist?
Old 08-14-2017, 10:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

With very limited amounts of those vehicles on the road I doubt HP Tuners has had many if any of those controllers/files to look at to see what they can do.

It's going to be something where you'd have to contact them directly and either give them your file or send them the computer itself so they can figure out a way to disable the feature. They would add the tables if possible into the calibrations so you could change them.

If was like this when the new 2017 Ford F-150's made stop start a normal part of the trucks everyday life. People asked for a way to disable it and they figured out a way to add that feature via HP tuners.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Teching In

So now that time has passed, does anyone think that the computer has been opened up yet? I honestly would even settle for a plug-in OBDii module just to shut the auto start stop off....