Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TBSS intake install on NBS

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TBSS intake install on NBS

hey guys ive been studying the posts about the TBSS intake manifolds...i started a thread a while ago and due to funds i wasnt able to go through with it, i figured id get some idea's since i found how to do this on a budget now that i dont have to buy a TB but i still had a few questions i hope could be answered. i bought the intake mani n fuel rail off of my friend who put a fast lsxrt on his TBSS. ill be buying the adapter this week to run my stock P&P 78 mm, onto the SS'es 87mm. i know with the ss intake i need to use a corvette filter for the fuel return line. but what im really unsure of is how this all comes together. can i use my stock injectors? or were the spacers needed to run those? also my friend said hed give me his stock SS injectors, if i go with those is it the LS2 style injector harness that i need? or is it the LS6? sorry for the questions im just really confused and would like to get a little more comfortable before i do this. also can i run it without evap? mine did not come with the solenoid. also what else will i have to do to convert or need to be aware of?

thanks guys

tj
Old 12-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your injectors will work on the tbss fuel rails. The tbss injectors will require a injector plug swap to work. Corvette filter outlet plugs right into the fuel rail after bending the fuel inlet on the rail slightly outward. Your stock fuel lines plug into the filter. Evap non issue just remove the ses light in your tune. Racetronix and others sell the pigtails you need to run the ls2 injectors. Hope this helps you.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thank you sir! this now makes a lot more sense, thanks again man the help is much appreciated!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rather than starting a new thread i want to do the same, i got a 2500hd (2001) and want to put a nnbs/tbss intake on my truck. can someone list everything i need to do to complete the swap...

can i use my stock fuel rail setup?
do they make a factory 87mm/90mm throttle body thats cable operated?
whats this about the evap? i cant use the factory evap system with this mani?
whats this about a corvette filter?
eventually im going forced induction (have a partial vortech setup) when i gather more parts... i have 42lb injectors, should i go ahead and throw these in and then have the truck tuned by black bear?

anything else i should ask/need to know?
thanks
Old 12-13-2011, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

1 . no you can't use your factory fuel rails , becouse the tbss is taller and wider , also your stock fuel rail is modified then you will need spacers to bolt it up to themaifold .

2. no they dont make a factory dbc throttle body to bolt up but fast make some and so does edelbrock , also i believe fast make an adapter plate to be able to use your stock tb and the tbss manifold.

3. evap is the same the purge valve canister is diffrent but you can rig yours up to work just got to be a little creative ..lol

4.the tbss fuel rail is returnless style , your stock FR is return style and haves the fuel presssur regulater on the rail it self , so the vett filter allows you to ditch you stock fuel rail and fpr ,and use the stock tbss FR since the vett filter has the fuel pressure regulator in .
I know I could be mistaking on some of this info , but its to the best of my knowledge hope it helps.

TB ADAPTER PLATE
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS2-LS1-adap...item3369de993b

FILTER http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACDelco-GF82...item3cba672ab9
Old 12-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is how I did my fuel line it came out real nice

Name:  PICT0041-2.jpg
Views: 15104
Size:  129.7 KB

Name:  PICT0028-1.jpg
Views: 13692
Size:  72.3 KB

Name:  PICT0031-4.jpg
Views: 19376
Size:  85.1 KB
The following 2 users liked this post by bennettracing:
heysoos (03-21-2022), prican_2000 (04-26-2018)
Old 12-13-2011, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bennettracing
Here is how I did my fuel line it came out real nice

That looks very professional. I like that setup. You have NOW inspired me to do this manifold swap on my 2002 Silverado 2500HD. I have seen others do it but it looked very craptastic or chopped up. The real question is- has anyone done "just" a manifold swap and have any dyno sheet proof of gains? Does the NNBS intake have more plenum volume, are the runners a different length, or is it just the nicer (larger) throttle body opening that helps out?

If you don't mind me asking, who sells a TB that's cable actuated with the correct sensor hookups that bolts directly to the TBSS intake?

I seen that Edelbrock has the #3869, which I figure everyone uses?

Last edited by SamuelsonMotorsports; 12-13-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SamuelsonMotorsports

If you don't mind me asking, who sells a TB that's cable actuated with the correct sensor hookups that bolts directly to the TBSS intake?
F.A.S.T is a common 1
Old 12-13-2011, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SamuelsonMotorsports
That looks very professional. I like that setup. You have NOW inspired me to do this manifold swap on my 2002 Silverado 2500HD. I have seen others do it but it looked very craptastic or chopped up.

I agree it needs to look good.

Any of the aftermarket thottle bodies you buy should accept the factory IAC and TPS sensors. You just unbolt them from your stock Tb and transfer it over.

The main thing for me on the this swap is the need for a throttle bracket for the throttle wires. I just wish someone made one that is bolt on. People that can weld have fabricated nice bolt on brackets. I just dont want to end up ghetto-rigging it and having it fall apart while driving. The rest of the stuff is pretty straightforward.

The other thing to remember is if you use the vette fuel regulator you have to alter the tune for it accordingly or the fueling will be all messed up.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
The other thing to remember is if you use the vette fuel regulator you have to alter the tune for it accordingly or the fueling will be all messed up.
There's the catch. I was wondering how that would work out, especially since you can't "adjust" the FPR, which you would need the capability of doing if your going to tune it right. I assume instead of manipulating the fuel pressure, tuners keep it at wherever the vette filter regulates (40psi?) and just manipulate the injector pulse width?

Quick Reply: TBSS intake install on NBS