Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid crate engine question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Most wholesellers have in their contract with the parent company a clause stating what they can advertise as the price in a retail environment. Meaning they cant post any lower than a certain amount on a website. Of course they could sell it to you for whatever price they want, they just cant advertise it online.
That may very well be what you guys are encountering then. I know Davis GM openly advertises their engines a lot lower than anyone else up here does..... and in the province I know Colin moves a lot more product than anyone else hence his costs being lower just based on sales volume. I asked my local GM dealer to price match Davis and then I would buy from them..... or at least come close. They flat out told me I was getting a price from him lower than they could buy the engine from GM for. So sales volume obviously counts here. Maybe you can't get them cheaper either.... in which case well.. there are better options maybe. I don't know... I know I won't be buying anything GMPP sourced state side anytime soon when I have an option here that is half ways reasonable. Even just oem parts and all that fun stuff he is quite a bit less as well.