Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Stainless works header issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 06:31 PM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raffman
Even if you have to dent them in a little it won't rust, I assume all their stuff is 304 ss.

I would go ahead and replace both cooling lines with braided AN and pull them up away from the exhaust, had the same problem with Dynatech LT's.
You are right about the 304ss, but I didn't get them coated for the rusting. I got them ceramic coated because 304ss is such a great heat conductor, I wanted to keep the heat outside the engine bay and inside the exhaust to keep exhaust velocity up. Also they are coated inside and outside so if I break the coating I'm afraid not only would it have a hot spot, but some of the coating would eventualyl flake off and go into the cats

What if I wedge a hard stop inbetween the frame and the long tube and drive it around. Would that constant pressure slowy deform the header tube as I drive it while its hot instead of shocking it by hitting it or bending it manually?

Originally Posted by terravast4
I bought my system about two months ago. The crossover pipe for the y-pipe did not fit but I had my truck apart so I had a local shop fab up a piece for me. i think it was for a 4x4 since it had scribbled on it with a sharpie "4x4". I e-mailed them as to what cat's I had gotten because of the application and told them about the wrong size pipe they told me I had gotten the random technology metal matrix cats and were the best in the industry but never once mentioned the incorrect piece for my set-up.
Oh goody, I got that same line about the random technology cats being the best of the best as far as piniata's go

On a side note, terravast4 did you plug wires fit w/o hitting.. or is that another good feature of SSW headers?

Last edited by PSM; 10-26-2008 at 09:50 PM.