Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Crap, you guys have me nervous now. I'm just finishing my DOD/VVT delete with a stage 3 truck cam and speed engineering 1 7/8 headers and 3" true dual exhaust.....i can deal with loud, I hate drone.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RedXray
Any fitment issues with the tailpipes and the rear housing on a nbs rcsb 4/6 drop. Very little room between the bed and the axle. The tailpipes on my Gibson catback system wouldn't work. Had to have a muffler shop bend some tailpipes and as you know non mandrel bent pipes have a lot of restriction.
We haven't personally tried them on a 4/6 drop. I am honestly not sure. I know they work on a 2/4 if that helps.

Thanks
Sean
Old 11-30-2017, 05:16 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,329 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
We haven't personally tried them on a 4/6 drop. I am honestly not sure. I know they work on a 2/4 if that helps.

Thanks
Sean
Thanks Sean, if it works on a 2/4, I should be able to squeeze it into a 4/6. I'll post pics after install.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:04 PM
Launching!

Well my truck is done and runs awesome. Deleted the DOD/VVT, new oil pump, Texas Speed stage 3 high lift truck cam, new springs, arp bolts, ls9 gaskets etc. I went with the Speed Engineering 1 7/8 headers and their true dual exhaust with tailpipes. This thing is loud. It sounds great outside the truck, has a nice deep rumble. The problem is inside the cab, too loud for my taste so now I have to work on making it quieter. Speed engineering, you guys did an awesome job on this system, the fit is absolutely perfect, and one guy can install the whole exhaust on his back (as I did). For the money, this system can't be beat.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you for business, and comments..

Sean
Old 01-01-2018, 08:00 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,329 Likes on 792 Posts

Hey Sean

Received my dual's Saturday and they look great! I laid the system out on the garage floor and I could barely fit one of the straight tubes into the muffler. The hanger is touching the straight pipe with zero clearance for hanger's rubber mount. Is this correct? On the prototype photo in this thread it looks like the metal hanger has another bend for clearance? Let me know what you think before I try to install.

Thanks

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..-vqa7i68.jpg

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..-gvbmroe.jpg

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..-acbouak.jpg
Old 01-01-2018, 08:10 PM
Launching!

It needs to be bent up alittle. I had my muffler on the hanger before I mounted the straight pipes.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deezl SS
Well my truck is done and runs awesome. Deleted the DOD/VVT, new oil pump, Texas Speed stage 3 high lift truck cam, new springs, arp bolts, ls9 gaskets etc. I went with the Speed Engineering 1 7/8 headers and their true dual exhaust with tailpipes. This thing is loud. It sounds great outside the truck, has a nice deep rumble. The problem is inside the cab, too loud for my taste so now I have to work on making it quieter. Speed engineering, you guys did an awesome job on this system, the fit is absolutely perfect, and one guy can install the whole exhaust on his back (as I did). For the money, this system can't be beat.
Let me know what you decide to go with on the exhaust. I've had my kit on for 5 months now and it only gets louder. As bad as I hate to admit it I'm thinking the only way to lower the noise is going with a chambered muffler over a straight thru design.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:42 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Man, SE systems really look great.

collins6.2,

I don't think you have them but I think they would help you out a bunch, cats. Grab yourself two Magnaflow high flow spun metallic cats and incorporate them into your system. https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Magnafl...tTMcyj&vxp=mtr
I'd also consider a 12599 Magnaflow muffler or run two 12579 mufflers.

I have a couple of questions.
What's the center to center on the on the center section where the x pipe is and mufflers connect?
What are the dimensions of the mufflers?
Thanks
Old 01-10-2018, 01:27 AM
Launching!

It's been a month so time for an update. I ditched the small mufflers that came with the system and added 2 Magnaflow 12579 mufflers and 2 Magnaflow 14419 round race mufflers to act as resonators. The truck still has a great sound but much more refined. The interior resonance that I was getting from 1500-2000 rpm is almost completely gone and the little that is left is hardly noticeable. I may add some sound deadening in the spring when I redo the stereo and I'm confident that will completely eliminate it.
The following users liked this post:
TFA303 (09-28-2018)

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..