Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rear exit kit may be quieter than the dumped version but I'd never call it quiet! I honestly couldn't imagine a louder exhaust. Ear plugs needed for towing camper any further than across town.

So far I've added cats back to the system. Improved idle volume. Still not neighbor friendly. Replaced the mufflers with magnaflow 5x8x24. Don't feel bad when starting tuck in mornings anymore. Good reduction but 1600-2k drone is still exhausting. Was able to survive 1800 mile fishing trip to Canada with this setup. Never thought I'd appreciate 4.10s and 80e overdrive ratio on a long trip, higher rpms were a blessing. Next was vibrant resonators in front of mufflers. Getting closer but still far from quiet. Towing is still brutal at lower engine speeds.

May swap the 5x8x24 for the 5x11x22 magnaflow leaving the vibrant resonators or screw around with jpipes or both. Have bends purchased just not sure how I'll cope the pipes.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
Thank you guys for the comments and business.. Yes, the axle dump system is definitely an aggressive sounding exhaust. If your looking to quiet the exhaust down some our rear exit kit is the way to go without compromising much hp.

Thanks
Sean
I ordered the 1 7/8 long tubes and ory. I'll keep my stock catback with 40 series Flowmaster (both exit pipes sawzalled 4" after muffler. I'm sure it'll be loud. I wish I had a recording of it before so I could compare.

If it's too loud I'll add a resonator or 2 lol. Let me know if anyone has suggestions on a resonator. I'm excited to install the new exhaust. Speed engineering makes good stuff.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default this is going to sound good but....

Originally Posted by Haulin81
I ordered the 1 7/8 long tubes and ory. I'll keep my stock catback with 40 series Flowmaster (both exit pipes sawzalled 4" after muffler. I'm sure it'll be loud. I wish I had a recording of it before so I could compare.

If it's too loud I'll add a resonator or 2 lol. Let me know if anyone has suggestions on a resonator. I'm excited to install the new exhaust. Speed engineering makes good stuff.
Be prepared to get a tune you are going to loose bottom end umpfh. You are going to gain more power in higher rpms but lose some in lower rpms. I would highly recommend adapting your cats to speed engineering y pipe. Also be sure to get v band clamps from jegs at $8.00 each. The clamps that come with it suck and leak. Also get a ratchet strap and pull the ypipe together then tighten clamps. I had a hell of a time getting a leak free exhaust. The true duals kit is far more reliable as far as leaks goes.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tpartsman
Be prepared to get a tune you are going to loose bottom end umpfh. You are going to gain more power in higher rpms but lose some in lower rpms. I would highly recommend adapting your cats to speed engineering y pipe. Also be sure to get v band clamps from jegs at $8.00 each. The clamps that come with it suck and leak. Also get a ratchet strap and pull the ypipe together then tighten clamps. I had a hell of a time getting a leak free exhaust. The true duals kit is far more reliable as far as leaks goes.

Thanks tpartsman, I used the ratchet strap that helped a lot. I should have bought the v band clamps but I ran out of time. I had to get it all bolted up so I could fire up the new motor. I would have gladly paid SE for good clamps.

I have heard mixed results about using RTV in these slip fittings. Any thoughts?
Old 08-28-2017, 12:18 PM
Teching In

SE, I didn't have any fitment issues with the 1 7/8" LT's & ORY. Everything fit just fine. I installed them this weekend on my 1999 Silverado rcsbst z71. Thanks Guys!
Old 08-28-2017, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Haulin81: I believe I just talked with you on the phone. Thanks again..

Sean
Old 08-28-2017, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sensor safe rtv

Originally Posted by Haulin81
Thanks tpartsman, I used the ratchet strap that helped a lot. I should have bought the v band clamps but I ran out of time. I had to get it all bolted up so I could fire up the new motor. I would have gladly paid SE for good clamps.

I have heard mixed results about using RTV in these slip fittings. Any thoughts?
I forgot to mention that this time, use sensor safe rtv at every junction.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Default SE guys are great

Every time I call they answer and help me out. I called to ask if I could buy parts to build my own 3" single cat back because my original plan isn't working out like I hoped. They made some suggestions and told me some options that I hadn't considered.
Thanks guys!
Old 09-05-2017, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Installed your 1 7/8 headers with the true dual rear exit system on my 2012 sierra denali. What does everyone recommend for resonators to get rid of drone around 2,000 rpms?
Old 09-05-2017, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

Vibrant ultra quiet resonators.

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..