Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shortie headers, better than thought they would be!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 05:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shortie headers, better than thought they would be!

You guys all had me worried as hell about running shorty headers. I had heard everyone say that they felt no difference at all, or so little that it was a waste of money. I have put JBA headers on 3 previous vehicles, and gotten very nice gains, and good seat of pants feeling. Well, got my JBAs, waiting for ever on deciding wether to get them or not, the deciding factor was the Carb certification, since the smog guys are ***** out here. Man they really woke up the bottom end, and it pulls faster to the shift point now. Also it almost kicks out the tail on the 2 to 3 shift now. A night and day difference, and it is really noticable how much less gas I have to give it during cruising now.

I don't know if its because I allready had an intake, MAF, and exhaust done, and I am now getting a better gain with all the mods, or what, but I am glad I got them now. I know I could have gotten more power with longtubes, but these were a cinch to do, and no welding, and cheap. $450 with Titanium Ceramic Coating. I noticed that they really do not heat up the engine bay at all, I guess that stuff really works. All my other just got the steel ones, and they used to roast up the engine bay!

Are there other shorty owners out there with comments!?
Old 06-20-2003, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Shortie headers, better than thought they would be!

I've got the JBAs too. I'm very happy with them. Put them on with only the K&N intake and I felt a difference. It seemed the power came on lower in the RPMs. I thought it sounded a little deeper with stock exhaust.

Old 06-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey hodgee glad to hear youre happy with the shorties! It would be interesting to see how your quarter times are effected!
Old 06-21-2003, 07:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Will run next friday!
Old 06-21-2003, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Where did you get them from? 450 delivered or not?
Old 06-21-2003, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

JBA shorties are the only headers I have heard of that work well with the trucks. Glad to here you liked them.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got them off of ebay, brand new in box. They were exactly that when I got them. I saw them at Truckperformance on sale a couple of months ago, but they were $650 there. They are $450 normally without any ceramic coating at TruckPerformance. Just keep your eyes open on ebay. I saw the Silver Ceramic coated ones on ebay go for $410 a month ago, when I ordered mine, but I though that the titanium ceramic would be better.

If I hade to pay $650 with shipping, I would have just gotten ASM's or TOG's, and gotten them welded. I might later get the FLP's if they get carb approved. The smog guys don't even check if your vehicle sounds stock, but as soon as they hear your exhaust, they pop the hood, and crawl under the vehicle. It is getting silly here, but its funny, if you live in one of the small towns outside of Vegas, there is no smog requirments!
Old 06-21-2003, 04:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey hodgeee, I'll have to meet you in Vegas sometime, I only live a couple of hours from there and go to Vegas quite a bit
Old 06-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i really enjoy my jba ceramic coated headers.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey, Yelo, email me. I am going to the strip at 9:30 p.m. on friday for Midnight Madness. It is only $10 to run, if you haven't done it before. Just bring your Drivers ID, registration, and proff of insurance to run. You can come out with me. Hate going their by myself! Also this Saturday I am going with some freinds back at the track, at 2:30, they are having the 2nd annual "Truckin" show here in Vegas.