Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replace LS1 with LS7

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 05:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace LS1 with LS7

Hello

Yesterday I buy a new LS7 engine and I want to install it on my GMC 1500 sierra 2005 stock 4.8 engine ..
What the parts I need to install the LS7 ?
Do I have to replace all wiring harness ?
Do I have to replace the computer ?

Note : My Transmission 5 speed manual Transmission

thanks
Old 10-19-2006, 06:13 AM
On The Tree

First off I would expect your 5 speed won't live very long behind an LS7. The LS7 also has a different clutch and flywheel but you may be able to bolt a different one to it. I'm am not 100% sure on this since I haven't boned up on my LS7 stuff since it is way out of my league but I am pretty sure it needs a wiring harness or at least injector plugs (different injectors then an LS1 style engine), definately has a different computer, runs on a dry sump oiling system (don't know if you can even put a stock style pump on it). You will also need a conversion throttle body to cable actuation since all LS7's/LS2's come with an electronic T/B and the LS7's may be specific. If it is the same as an LS2 you can buy a conversion one at scoggin's dickey. There are alot of one off parts on the LS7 so there is probably even more you may have to deal with then that, maybe someone else can add to the list for you. Personally if it had been me I would have gotten an 402 LS2 engine, the conversion is much easier.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:17 AM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

i think if you ever get this done it will be very nice. very unique as well. you might post this up over at LS1 tech and see if anyone over there has tried it in their LS1. should be pretty much the same procedure
Old 10-19-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where did you get it from?
Old 10-19-2006, 04:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TigerFan187
Where did you get it from?
that would be my question???
Old 10-19-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

i call bs, but

yes it runs off a different computer, yes it needs a different wiring harness, alot of the LS7/LS2 is much much different from the LS1. LS7 has a different type crank position sensor to name one thing majorly different, also like batman stated the dry sump oil system is mucho different. you'd need custom mounts I believe... not totally sure on that one. as for the transmission ditch it and get a nice T-56 and a damn good textralia clutch of some sort. and personally I wouldn't ditch the ETC, i like it over the cable throttle.

might I ask where you ordered it from? I know they're available, but I feel sorry for your damn wallet haha
Old 10-19-2006, 05:56 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by jakebdb56
i call bs, but

yes it runs off a different computer, yes it needs a different wiring harness, alot of the LS7/LS2 is much much different from the LS1. LS7 has a different type crank position sensor to name one thing majorly different, also like batman stated the dry sump oil system is mucho different. you'd need custom mounts I believe... not totally sure on that one. as for the transmission ditch it and get a nice T-56 and a damn good textralia clutch of some sort. and personally I wouldn't ditch the ETC, i like it over the cable throttle.

might I ask where you ordered it from? I know they're available, but I feel sorry for your damn wallet haha
yo tambien, que onde de "dry sump"
Old 10-19-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Actually list is around 13-15k depending on where you get it..... and i get gm discount..

you would be best to take your haness out, and sell it with your engine... and get a c6 harness

start off with a c6 harness, you would also probably be best to start with a c6 pcm, and adjust it to fit what you have rather than vice versa....

yes a strong T56, or a custom high output 5 speed could be used. the bolt patetrn , and most sensors are shared from the ls2.

If you are actually serious about having this and doing this... i am calling you out.... pm me your block casting number, as i work for GM i can run it, and if you are legit i will help you find what you are looking for, but please do not waste my time
Old 10-19-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

If You Are Serious... The Harness I Would Recommment Would Be Pn 15817885

Thats For 6 Sp M/trans Exc. Real Time Chassis Dampening...
Old 10-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Thanks all for answers and helps …

There is some one from my country order the engine for his camaro but he change his main and sell it to me with very good price ..

he get the engine from internet and include : clutch & Flywheel , Intake manifold , injectors, Injector wiring harness, Throttle body, Water pump & pulleys, Coils, sensors .

were can i find computer and wiring haress ?

Quick Reply: Replace LS1 with LS7