Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

project 04 SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 09:45 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -= MacADaYear =-
Hypertech sucks. I was gettn alota of ping from my hypertech tune no matter what gas I used, including 100 octane. I got rid of the hypertech and all my knock is gone.

With that said, my hypertech droped me from a 16.5 to a 15.5 from my track times. Ive ridden in a truck just like mine with a nelson tune and it pull harder. Take it for what it is...

(BTW- I had NO idea I had any knock untill I got atap. Screw hyperPING )
If you got an ET reduction of 1 second from a HPPIII and you are downing them you need to get your head checked. You cannot feel the seat of the pants difference riding in another truck with a custom tune if you already got a second of off your truck. Ask Allen himself. Ask Whitt what he thinks, his **** runs!...and he uses a HPPIII. Everyone who seems to be downing the HPPIII couldn't even run a 14 anything unless they were being towed by something fast!
Old 05-25-2004, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well maybe the HPPIII works for you and maybe you should stick with it. With your mods, maybe you don't need more.

Now, throw in a cam you may want to do, and better exhaust, maybe heads, and you've just out lived your "generic" program. It may run fine, but it will never reach it's full potential without the use of edit or hptuners, whether through you, or a tuner.

Not attacking here, honest. I'm glad somebody got something useful out of one. It didn't really do much for me.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Now this I can believe, because your **** runs! I have a cammed up 6.0L that sooner or later will find its way in my truck. (actually, I ordered the cam kit today) I do realize that sooner or later I will need to either get edit or a custom tune, and I know that Nelson's is the "favorite" for a reason....I just get tired of people talking **** when they haven't even "proven" anything themselves one way or another. Sometimes its like a big echo chamber in here! I hope to have a daily driver mid to low 13 second truck....and I know that probrobally isn't gonna be a reality with a HPPIII. But for guys who's first mod ever may be a Hypertech, I really don't think you can beat it at that point. If you buy it used....you really can't lose. Getting a custom tune as the first mod to me seems like a waste unless that is all you plan on modding. And thanks again BENKEY for the cam install link...I'm gonna need all the help I can get when that thing gets here!
Old 05-25-2004, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck with your engine and cam swap! Cam is really easy.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:50 AM
TECH Regular

thanx for all the info since i only plan on exhaust intake and elec fans on this i might just stick with hypertech if they ever get a tune for the SS out... thanx for all the info fellows (BTW i have my 99 camaro ss to play with if i ever get bored of the ss truck lol)