Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK!! I think it's time whipple hears from us!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BurnOut
Guys- Whipple isn't the only name on the block for screw-type blowers... Kenne Bell offers them too. In fact, they already have a kit for the Gen III trucks: http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...60/gm48-60.htm

While that kit may not be intercooled (as far as I can tell), Kenne Bell may be more receptive to customer input/concerns than is Whipple.

It's worth a shot, anyhow.
If you think the Whipple customer service is bad just TRY and get ANYTHING resembling service out of the Kenne Bell stable....it's like pulling teeth just to try and get any info on the kit out of them
Old 02-21-2004, 07:25 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yelo's been there done that....

and after reading this thread, i am definetly getting a RADIX.
Old 02-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Hey Guys:
Chill a bit! First, whipple was a pioneer when Magnucharger didn't exist. They came out with a pretty good unit for th 96-99 trucks, them GM handed out a whole new engine. Sure they probably should have made there first unit intercooled in hindsight, but they were probably trying to control the overall price of the system and get to market quickly. Us hot rodders have a way of begging for new stuff to be available now, want it priced economically and don't ever want it to act up. If you really owned a race truck and realized the constant upgrades, changeouts and money you had to spend you would see your trucks in a whole different light. When you develop equipment, push it hard like you guys do, keeping the designs foolproff is damned near impossible. The LS! architecture is here for a while and I am sure Whipple knows that and I would bet they are working on a fix. If they don't adapt and move with the market they won't last. Where would some of you be today in terms of performance today if they had not been there back in the 90's. Think about it!
Raylar
Old 02-21-2004, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Whipple

As I and others have mentioned-the compressor is a good unit. It's the r & d and especially the customer help/"support" that is lacking.

If the percieved "attitude" at whipple is'nt corrected rather quickly, it's likely that the lost business will never be regained.

I'm sure that most of us don't like paying the high prices we do for some of this equipment, but it really feels like rape, once we have a problem and the manufacturer tells us to basically "screw off" as I have been told by Dustin at whipple, and that is exactly what attitude is prevalant there.

They need a person in management that actually gives a rip, and gets that message out to ALL the people there. If you don't have the answer, at least make us feel like you are workin on it, and care about making these units work, instead of the feeling-"hey, we got your $ now, go fend for yourself". That's the kind of attitude that has put more than one outfit into bankruptcy court, which would not benefit any of us!