Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

OBX Longtube Header Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBX Longtube Header Problem

Hey guys,

I just put on my OBX longtube headers and everything went smoothly except the fact that the primaries are right up against the frame on both sides. That wouldn't bother me so much, but it rattles so bad the rear view mirror is shaking. Thinking about taking them off and going with something else, but before I did that, I thought I'd see if anybody had any suggestions on how to fix the problem instead. Can a muffler shop heat and bend them or something? I saw there was a problem with these, but thought it was just with 4x4's. Do the pacesetters have any fitment issues? Thanks for your help. Tim
Old 03-01-2008, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my pacesetters on my 02 fit fine.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My pacesetters fit great. Maybe try dinging them in on that spot with a hammer to clearance them a little. You might could do it on the truck, heat it up with a torch and them use a pry bar to bend it in some.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Every set of headers for the trucks have issues on one truck or another. I have heard of all of them hitting the frame at some point. There is numerous different frame thinknesses for the trucks so this makes it difficult for the manuf...
Old 03-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Every set of headers for the trucks have issues on one truck or another. I have heard of all of them hitting the frame at some point. There is numerous different frame thinknesses for the trucks so this makes it difficult for the manuf...
I heard that the 4wd trucks had alot of problems, but 2wd trucks were in the clear. Not the case as I found out the hard way.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by timmer1
I heard that the 4wd trucks had alot of problems, but 2wd trucks were in the clear. Not the case as I found out the hard way.
Not necessarily. I just finished installing Dynatechs this afternoon - absolutely no fitment issues anywhere.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Made in South Korea

What headers did OBX copy to make them for chevys, my OBX headers are nismo copies...
Old 03-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Launching!

I believe it was dynatechs old design. Not positive tho.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

This might sound kind of red neck but I put some of the Aem headers on my truck not long ago and the header barley hit the frame on the drivers side. So I used a come along or power puller (what ever you want to call it) and hooked one end to the opposite frame rail and one on the header and was able to ratchet it off the frame by a half a inch. Worked like a champ.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlewSilverado
This might sound kind of red neck but I put some of the Aem headers on my truck not long ago and the header barley hit the frame on the drivers side. So I used a come along or power puller (what ever you want to call it) and hooked one end to the opposite frame rail and one on the header and was able to ratchet it off the frame by a half a inch. Worked like a champ.
Sounds like the best solution to me. Denting the tubes is more redneck......but i've done it before.

Quick Reply: OBX Longtube Header Problem