Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

now that is a BIG heat exchanger

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 08:57 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default now that is a BIG heat exchanger

not that little black thing either, the one behind it

i am also geting rid of the antifreeze and running water with water wetter. probably get a bigger pump some time soon too. i need some type of ducting to the radiator, something to make it harder for the under hood heat to just roll under the truck and back into the radiator. i think the truck had something on there at one time but i dont know what happend to it.

i did some measuring under the hood and there is room for an intercooler that is 3times the size of the one i have in there now. wish i had some money, i would order that thing up and get it instaled.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geez .... that's pretty massive.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by parish8

i am also geting rid of the antifreeze and running water with water wetter. probably get a bigger pump some time soon too. i need some type of ducting to the radiator, something to make it harder for the under hood heat to just roll under the truck and back into the radiator. i think the truck had something on there at one time but i dont know what happend to it.

i did some measuring under the hood and there is room for an intercooler that is 3times the size of the one i have in there now. wish i had some money, i would order that thing up and get it instaled.
Your sig says you have some goodies on order??? When do you expect to have them (motor and trans), and I guess that explains the current low cash flow!
Old 07-27-2004, 09:27 PM
single digit dreamer

i think the tranny and converter in the next week or so. the motor will be at least 2 months down the road. it is going to be nuts
Old 07-27-2004, 09:29 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

i think the tranny and converter in the next week or so. the motor will be at least 2 months down the road. it is going to be nuts
I wouldn't expect anything less out of you!
Old 07-27-2004, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol, did you win the lottery or something, gl with that setup
Old 07-27-2004, 11:03 PM
10 Second Truck Club

I see you are going with a Vigilanti converter now. I know you did your homework to choose it over a Yank so what are the "better" features?
Old 07-28-2004, 03:42 AM
TECH Regular

What did that come out of? I thought mine was big...

not that little black thing either, the one behind it

Old 07-28-2004, 07:41 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess we're going to find out the limits to the stock t'case soon enough....keep up the good work man!
Old 07-28-2004, 07:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Scream
I guess we're going to find out the limits to the stock t'case soon enough....keep up the good work man!
Its a HD T'case, but the axles are stock. I cant believe they havent broke yet. I broke my stock G80 with less than half the power he has.

Scream, when are you going to Gainesville for some better times? I know that truck has 12s in it.

Quick Reply: now that is a BIG heat exchanger