Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

NOS bottle under bed...??? or where else

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 03:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default NOS bottle under bed...??? or where else

I have tried searching alot about where you guys put your nitrous bottles.... not much luck.

I figure the easiest place is IN the bed, but that's a NO NO for me. I have no bed cover, and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon.

I have thought about some places in the cab, but I don't have ANY space at all unless I can customize my center console and mount it underneath it.

I would like a 15lb bottle, but I doubt I can pull that inside the cab.

My question is, Has anyone ever mounted the bottle underneath the bed, possibly near the rear of the truck on the driver's side away from the exhaust near the frame rail??? i looked up under there today, and it looks like it could be done. I have no spare under there, so I do have some available space. I am just concerned if I am setting myself up for a disaster or not.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:48 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

imo is that i wouldnt mount it under there but i live in texas so the roads down here are pretty bumpy and i travel. im sure there are some that have done it. the center console thing sounds good.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think under the bed you will have to worry about the roads and you will always want to check it. God for bid if it falls off and its full. I'd like to see the centerconsole idea work better. Do you have true buckets? or the bench w/fold down console?
Old 10-14-2004, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

With the 40/20/40. I have seen the center section removed and replaced with the bottle.

Just an idea...
Old 10-14-2004, 09:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mudz5.3
I think under the bed you will have to worry about the roads and you will always want to check it. God for bid if it falls off and its full. I'd like to see the centerconsole idea work better. Do you have true buckets? or the bench w/fold down console?
I think I would rather have it outside passanger compartment than in it incase of some weird failure.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:09 AM
TECH Resident

They have blow off tubes attached to the bottle, for this reason. Not a bad idea. Safety would be a concern anywhere you put it.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

I have mine behind the passanger seat.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 02denali
imo is that i wouldnt mount it under there but i live in texas so the roads down here are pretty bumpy and i travel. im sure there are some that have done it. the center console thing sounds good.
"Look son that trucks got nitrous."
"How can you tell daddy"
"Well son, you the that bottle draging behind him..."

I have had my bottle mounted under the passenger side step of my bed for about a year and it isnt going anywhere. I got the idea for under the bed when I saw a long bed OBS truck with TEN air bottles mounted under it to run air tools. If a work truck can live with ten bottles mounted under it, my street truck can handle one.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

You could do it. The only down side will be refilling the bottle, and turning it on?
Old 10-14-2004, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Do you have a stereo system that's stopping you from mounting it behind the seats? I think that's the best place for it, easy access to open-close the bottle and replacement. Checkout all the major mfg's they make a few different size and shape bottles, short-fat vs tall-skinny.

Quick Reply: NOS bottle under bed...??? or where else