Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

nitrous is installed, but...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 02:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous is installed, but...

Heres the setup:

NX wet 50 shot
NX remote opener
NX tps sensor WOT switch
Dynotune header
Dynotune purge
Dynotune remote digital pressure guage
Dynotune air/fuel cutoff switch (also a a/f guage but reads volts)

The air fuel guage will cut off the nitrous if it goes rich or lean (.70mV too lean and 1.00V too rich). Its reading 1.25V at WOT right now, and it cuts off the nitrous at 1.000V so its not letting me spray (too rich by.26mV). Predator is reading about .925mV right now at WOT which is becuase James made me a n2o program that cut timing and added fuel. So either way it is too rich - but way to rich according to the a/f guage. But whats the deal with the separate readings? Which one do I trust - i assume the Predator?

If the a/f guage is right, it needs to be .26mV less to work
If the predator is right, then it should be working because its under 1.00mV

I'm 90% sure I got the right o2 sensor output wire for the a/f guage (there are 4 wires), there are two heater wires (black), and then blue and white - I spliced into the blue - so I either have the right wire, or the ground. So unless there is a slight voltage loss through the little harness down there ( where the blue wire turns into the purple/white wire, which is what the tech at the dealership told me was the output wire) - OR unless I accidentaly spliced into the ground and the ground is giving me a slighly increased voltage than the source wire..............i have the right one.

To sum up - the a/f guage is reading .3mV different than the Predator and its not letting me spray. Any suggestions? Would either of the 3 other o2 sensor wires be giving me a voltage that is .33mV more than the real source wire (do I have the right one)?
Old 12-29-2003, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

OK heres the update:
talked to Dan at dynotune.org and he said they've never seen a 1.25 reading from the a/f guage.......that would be like a 8 or 9:1 a/f ratio...........and I told him I don't think the predator is lying to me about the o2's voltage (.925 or about 12.5 a/f) because that is what the pcm sees as well.

So something is funky with the guage I think. Going to go check some more stuff out today.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

Well, if you have a wet shot that includes the extra fuel needed to support the N2O, and you are adding fuel With the truck's fuel system I could see it getting that rich.
Old 12-29-2003, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

Even n/a with no nitrous, its showing 1.25V - way to rich. Theres something up with the guage. I've checked differnt power, ground, and o2 sensor to quage connection so far with no luck. Only other option is the connection to the o2 sensor wire itself. I'll try and get under there with a soldering iron and make a solid connection and if that doesn't work........I'll have to send if back and see if they can discover the problem.