Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

new 1/8 times for the hemi. choppin em down

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Half a second is pretty damn good if that is what you really got from installing it. I dont know how you guys are controlling the nitrous, because I had a Superchips programmer and all it was good for was an intake, exhaust. You couldnt even run long tube headers with their tuner and i doubt it if it would be smart running nitrous with it as well. Why dont you just post your slip?????
Old 11-10-2004, 11:32 PM
Teching In

What's up fella's,I'm new here,and am a member at DTW.First off,I am not brand loyal,but do like Dodge trucks to a degree.I know that anything can be made to be faster,some are easier to mod then others,such as your GM trucks.I have been to the track w/BackNBlack,his truck is pretty quick on motor,his gears help him a lot out of the hole.I am going to meet up w/him on Friday,I too would like to know what it was that got him those ET's.My truck needs a gear swap really bad,I want to drive his truck to see the difference.I really like this site,lots of tech,and believe it or not,it helps me w/my truck.My next post will be a little info about my truck and the ET's I have run.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Quick03Hemi
What's up fella's,I'm new here,and am a member at DTW.First off,I am not brand loyal,but do like Dodge trucks to a degree.I know that anything can be made to be faster,some are easier to mod then others,such as your GM trucks.I have been to the track w/BackNBlack,his truck is pretty quick on motor,his gears help him a lot out of the hole.I am going to meet up w/him on Friday,I too would like to know what it was that got him those ET's.My truck needs a gear swap really bad,I want to drive his truck to see the difference.I really like this site,lots of tech,and believe it or not,it helps me w/my truck.My next post will be a little info about my truck and the ET's I have run.
Welcome Quick03! Always happy to have new members.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

I was bouncing off the rev limiter in my truck once ... and spinning through the 60'. I fixed the rev limiter and hooked better, it still didn't knock a half second off my 1/4 time, in fact, I think it was only about 2 tenths it knocked off.

Still not convinced ... next are we going to hear about all the L's and f-body's you kill??
Old 11-10-2004, 11:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sweet, welcome to tech quick. For sure, check his truck out, and tell us if it's BS or not. I'd love to be wrong, but things just don't add up on this one.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:52 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To get sub-8 second 1/8th mile ETs, you need some great 60' times. Spraying will give you the power, but whats giving you the traction? I didn't see you mention slicks. I've never seen a 2wd truck run a 7 second 1/8th on regular tires.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:52 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

i agree with bigtex. i was having hell running a 8.53 to 8.43 on nitto;s that were 11.5 wide.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:10 AM
sfj
TECH Enthusiast

as i read through this i am thinking the same thing that everybody else is BS because he has the 1/2 second programmer and bolt ons running that fast and again all i would like is a little more details because one more fast truck = one more kill for me when i get mine done but seriously just give the appropriate information and cams,heads, etc are not bolt ons and we wont call BS on you
Old 11-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Toe
TECH Regular

That's just it, no aftermarket cams/heads, or any other engine internals are available for the hemi yet. There is headers, exhaust, CAI, torque converters, electric fans, programmers and NoS for the hemi. Turbos are on the way soon.

The hemi likes NoS, you can go from a high 14 second hemi to a mid 12 second hemi with a 100/125 shot of NoS. People are 120-150hp more from a 100shot, and even more torque.

This isn't a bunch of BS, it's just the honest facts.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Toe
That's just it, no aftermarket cams/heads, or any other engine internals are available for the hemi yet. There is headers, exhaust, CAI, torque converters, electric fans, programmers and NoS for the hemi. Turbos are on the way soon.

The hemi likes NoS, you can go from a high 14 second hemi to a mid 12 second hemi with a 100/125 shot of NoS. People are 120-150hp more from a 100shot, and even more torque.

This isn't a bunch of BS, it's just the honest facts.
That's a hell of a jump from just a 100 shot.

Quick Reply: new 1/8 times for the hemi. choppin em down