Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need pictures of 60lb Siemens injectors seated

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 05:43 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need pictures of 60lb Siemens injectors seated

Installed the siemens 60lbers in my 03 fuel rail last night and they seemed to go into the rail and the manifold alot easier than the stockers coming out. All the searching i've done shows the spacing to be about 5/8" but the gap I have looks to be taller.

Anyone have pics of how far down these are supposed to seat? Did I need to change the O-rings?

Thanks guys
Old 11-03-2011, 06:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used O rings before in the past, ive also had problems doing that in the past. Use lots of lube when sticking them down into the intake. They should just press in, they dont require all that much pressure.

I dont have a pic.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Launching!

They do press in fairly easy and I did lube them up, they just feel slightly looser in the manifold than the stockers and the height of the rail is about 1/4" higher than all the measurements I've seen here on the site.

Was just looking for a point of reference from a pic to how far down they need to go. Is it just a single pop down. What I mean is as soon as the O rings pop past the initial opening of the intake is that it?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Launching!

When I installed mine with the o rings that came with the injectors, they fit kinda lose. I switched out the o rings with the stock ones, and they fit fine. BTW, this was on a tbss intake with nnbs fuel rails. Don't have any pics either but you get the idea.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the responses guys, does anyone who runs the regular O-rings have any trouble with the injectors being lose? I already put the rail in and wired up etc and I'd rather not pull the rail out again the change the rings if I dont have to.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Launching!

Does this look fully seated?
Old 11-04-2011, 11:35 AM
TECH Regular

If I remember right, when I ordered my injectors the guy helping me asked what they where going on (truck intake) and made it seem like he put a different set of o-rings on them. These injectors are designed for the ls1 intake so I would imagine the o-ring could vary slightly but I would think that it would still work though. Turn your key all the way forward until you hear your fuel pump prime and then check for leaks around each injector (then start the motor and check again). PM me if you want to company that I bought the injectors from and you could call to make sure.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

Oh and I'll get you some pictures later today
Old 11-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Launching!

Thanks alpine, The truck is down right now for a turbo install and im still untuned so I cant start the truck. I was able to prime it though and I dont see any leaks at the rails so i'm thinking I should be good
Old 11-07-2011, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

BTW I once sprayed gas from an injector leak, because of my brackets weren't tight enough. It sprayed right on the Exhaust housing of the turbo and didnt ignite somehow. I have a small fire extinguisher, probably wouldn't have been enough tho TBH.

Quick Reply: Need pictures of 60lb Siemens injectors seated