Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Need Help ASAP with Tahoe 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup they ran a serial data cable, they constantly check one another.

As a former GM tech and warranty admin, if you not happy with the dealer go to another or ask to speak to the district service rep. They can warranty a vehicle that is out of warranty, it's up to the service manager and he has to approve it through the district rep. It's called "customer satisfaction" and I'm pretty sure GM needs to retain all the customers they can right now.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 4.8T
if the tcm doesn't say "hey i'm good" its not gonna work. it don't want you to start in gear or if there is an issue that may mess up the trans. so the ecm and tcm and the bcm have to all talk to each other and all has to be "A OK".

Thanks Guess I'll take it to the dealership tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by 1320_Racing
Thanks Guess I'll take it to the dealership tomorrow.
Were are you located??? That way, maybe some one can refer you to a known honest dealer or an alternative shop near you.

It may be as simple as a bad sensor, a pin coming lose in the conector, or possibly a Software issue. Unfortunitally it will require more Hands on diagnostics testing each component.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Were are you located??? That way, maybe some one can refer you to a known honest dealer or an alternative shop near you.

It may be as simple as a bad sensor, a pin coming lose in the conector, or possibly a Software issue. Unfortunitally it will require more Hands on diagnostics testing each component.

El Paso, TX
Old 04-22-2009, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Isn't an 07 tahoe covered by a 5 year,100,000 Mile warranty??? take it in and let them hook up the Factory scanner and check the stored history for Failures... I Just got my hands on a GM tech 2. The Same one they use at the dealer and I was supprised what I found stored in the history for Faliures on both GM vehicals I own. All though my sub runs fine I had a failure code that did not show up on any other generic scanner because it has not set a check engine light. Looks like I have a lazy 02 sensor. Also I thought I cleared the code for the ABS wheel sensor faliure I had when the sub got wrecked. But It shows up as a stored faliure. I have no training whatsoever with this but if the dealer can't find and fix a problem with this tool either there not using it at all, or there dumber then a box of Rocks! No wonder we lost 6 dealers in the general area.
I worked at a dealer, the tech 2 is a handy TOOL. You still have to know the cars and diagnostics, they just help. All to often techs think the scanners are the only answer.

Were the heck did you get a tech 2 anyway? Or is it one of the knock offs from the aftermarket places.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Originally Posted by JYount
I worked at a dealer, the tech 2 is a handy TOOL. You still have to know the cars and diagnostics, they just help. All to often techs think the scanners are the only answer.

Were the heck did you get a tech 2 anyway? Or is it one of the knock offs from the aftermarket places.
Well since Bosh aquired Vetronix some of the old inventory Is being cleared out. At any rate It Looks like the real deal to me. It has the Gold pins Vs. the tin pins on the Knock off. The OE GM software is only like 2 versions behind.

Your right, You do have to know How to use Diagnostic equipment like that and you have to understand how the Vehicals On board diagnostics work in order or properly diagnose the true proplem. How ever It has alot more capabiltys then a basic code reader since its Bi-Derctional and in this case It can comunicate with the transmission were it may also show other faults stored in the the history that did not set a current dtc code.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Launching!

So they said it's the body control module. They want to charge 741.00 parts and labor
Old 04-23-2009, 06:37 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1320_Racing
So they said it's the body control module. They want to charge 741.00 parts and labor
Geez that's steep...how many miles are on your truck, I don't understand why it isn't covered under warranty?
Old 04-23-2009, 07:07 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did they say why it wasn't covered?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Geez that's steep...how many miles are on your truck, I don't understand why it isn't covered under warranty?
I agree!!! I don't see How a BCM could go bad like that all of a sudden

Quick Reply: Need Help ASAP with Tahoe 5.3