Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My truck build / motor swap is under way

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's come a long way from what it was a while back so if I look at it that way it looks awesome but like everything else, i'm never satisfied so i'm sure I'll be adding and changing up stuff. I'm already thinking about changing up the stripe. I might wanna go from the "ok" looking airbrushed shadow to a solid black drop shadow. I've been working on a rendering of it today. It's not through of course but here you can get an idea of what I'm talking about. I've even thought about changing the color from the orange/lime green shade shifter to a candy cinnamon rootbeer kinda color to compliment the beige more. I don't know though. What do ya'll think?

Old 07-26-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

First off I want to say that im happy to see a build on this style of truck, my '86 is my first love, I cannot get enough of that body style. I would go for the "rootbeer" color stripe, it will flow a lot better with everything else. I think it'll be one awesome truck when finished. I plan on doing mine next summer.......I plan on bolting a turbo to my 350 and doing a similar paint scheme. Keep the pics flowin'....
Old 07-26-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks nice.. from that pic looks like you got some body work to do too
Old 07-27-2006, 01:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LesPaul
Looks nice.. from that pic looks like you got some body work to do too
what pic? what kind of body work are you referring to?
Old 08-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

im in LOVE...im also going for the pro street look, but i dont have the funds to do so right now, so what you see in my sig is what it is for right now, and itll prolly be that way for a while
Old 08-20-2006, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Ok I tried mocking up the headers on my truck that were on the Nova and had some problems fitting the driver's side. It's very close but not close enough. It's hitting the transmission crossmember and the motor mount. I used the stock crossmember from the truck that originally had a 700r4 so I had to cut the drivers side of the crossmember to be able to move it up some because the th350 is shorter. so it looks like i'll have to order new headers for that particular truck. anyone know which ones fit with stock crossmember? i want long tube race headers 1-3/4" primaries w/ 3" collector.

where it's hitting the motor mount:

where it's hitting the crossmember:

where it's hitting the header pipe:
Old 11-16-2006, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Here's an updated pic of the motor installed. I still have a lot of hookin up to do but it's slowly coming along.

Here's a video of this past weekend. After about 10 months of sitting and 5 months of being swapped from my Nova into the truck, I was finally able to crank up the motor. After wiring up all of the MSD ignition we poured gas in the carb and it fired up like I just ran it moments before. I don't have a radiator or a gas line to the carb just yet. But I wanted to hear it so we fired it up. I was shocked it fired up on first crank after sitting so long. And yes.. I was a little excited as well.

CLICK FOR VIDEO
Old 11-17-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

looking real good man. I notice that the fuel lines look a little tight, is there enough room for expansion and motor rock? It could just be the pics, but just an observation. I'm glad to see good progress, way to go
Old 11-17-2006, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SBTork
looking real good man. I notice that the fuel lines look a little tight, is there enough room for expansion and motor rock? It could just be the pics, but just an observation. I'm glad to see good progress, way to go
it's not hooked up it's just balancing in that hole in the firewall. i just did that for mock up.

thanks for the compliments
Old 11-18-2006, 02:53 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweeet man, it's coming along nicely. It's gonna be a real beauty when it's all done. Thanks for the great pics, keep em coming!

Quick Reply: My truck build / motor swap is under way