Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my current project

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
Since your running an electric water pump, did you have to change/add anything (pulley/idler) so you can run a belt? Do you have a pic with the belt installed?

BTW nice motor!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick, your truck is going to be sick. Bad ***! It is something exactly what i'd do, to a non-DD of course.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:39 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scream
I'm curious about the A/C compressor and the alternator. I have all of the F-car brackets, and even a PS pump and reservior, but I wasn't sure if my A/C compressor and alternator would work w/ the new brackets, or if you have to get f-car specific pieces?
my ac bracket and ac is truck..i had to enlogate the holes. everything else is car. icould of used the truck alt but i didnt trust only 2 bolts holding it so iran the car alt and never had a charging issue
Old 02-13-2007, 07:45 PM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Since your running an electric water pump, did you have to change/add anything (pulley/idler) so you can run a belt? Do you have a pic with the belt installed?

BTW nice motor!
its electric internals but it has a dummypulley in the pic you can see it. it free spins so you can use the stock belt
Old 02-13-2007, 07:47 PM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
Quick, your truck is going to be sick. Bad ***! It is something exactly what i'd do, to a non-DD of course.
yea im going to try and drive it daily if needed lol
Old 02-13-2007, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

i got to it in person today and ...lookin good, hurry up and get it installed fool! !
Old 02-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Motor sounds like a strong combo, and looks great....nice job detailing it out!! As for traction...of course tire choice is going to be the major thing. You might want to try a set of bolt on shocks such as these:

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

....they're not just for off road trucks (They have some universal sizes and such for trucks that have been lowered, but this particular part# is for stock 2wd) I know a couple of guys had altered their shock mounts to run the QA1's, but believe it or not, these shocks from Rancho are very adjustable and work very well helping weight transfer.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:43 PM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
Motor sounds like a strong combo, and looks great....nice job detailing it out!! As for traction...of course tire choice is going to be the major thing. You might want to try a set of bolt on shocks such as these:

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

....they're not just for off road trucks (They have some universal sizes and such for trucks that have been lowered, but this particular part# is for stock 2wd) I know a couple of guys had altered their shock mounts to run the QA1's, but believe it or not, these shocks from Rancho are very adjustable and work very well helping weight transfer.
yea i heard lightning guys with the ranchos. as for tires dunno yet. not sure my 28s Et streets wil lwork well
Old 02-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

its electric internals but it has a dummypulley in the pic you can see it. it free spins so you can use the stock belt
Thanks, i did not know they had a dummy pulley on it.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:14 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my ac bracket and ac is truck..i had to enlogate the holes. everything else is car. icould of used the truck alt but i didnt trust only 2 bolts holding it so iran the car alt and never had a charging issue
Thanks man. I was wanting to keep my Denali alternator, but I guess I'll get an upgraded F-car alternator.

Quick Reply: my current project