Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

mmmmm big package came today

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xtremes10
hmmm can it be done without having to buy new injectors? i know if it really cant i can re-use my dad's old injectors off his '00 hawk, which is also where im getting the ls6 intake from
You can use all of it off the 'Hawk....if you've got the fuel crossover you've got everything you'll need. with the cam choice you've made I'd be looking into a set of 42# injectors though...that Magic Stick with the proper heads will make ALOT more horsepower than the stock injectors (truck OR car) can support
Old 04-17-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

right now everything im doing is pretty much to get it up and running, then ill begin to buy parts to help me tweak the motor a bit, i understand what your saying and have looked into tho, btw, how hard were the swaps? and will I be fine using the harness that came with it? if its of any help to us my dad is an electriciain, a very good one at that, so im hoping we can get it running with what we have for now
Old 04-17-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

The swaps were pretty straight forward....assuming you've never done a hybrid swap before it'll take you about 80-100hrs of solid work to get it up and running and looking presentable (40+hrs of this will be on the wiring...I'm NOT kidding). To make the harnesses work without buying a new one is a BIG job....you've got to cut and splice over 200 wires to get everything to work right in the S-10 (Which is why I REALLY recommend a Speartech harness...it turned 40+ hours into less than 2), the JTR manual (www.jagsthatrun.com) and the patience of a saint is ABLSOLUTLY necessary to getting the wiring right without an aftermarket harness.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Regular

well, ill see what we can do, if it comes down to being a HUGE pain to us, yea we will def do a new harness, as far as fitting it in and such, hoping you did truck motors, could you use the stock accessories? im not sure if its any different but my motor is from a van, and I think because of that has a different oil pan, and possibley smaller accessories? will they fit?
Old 04-17-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

well, ill see what we can do, if it comes down to being a HUGE pain to us, yea we will def do a new harness, as far as fitting it in and such, hoping you did truck motors, could you use the stock accessories? im not sure if its any different but my motor is from a van, and I think because of that has a different oil pan, and possibley smaller accessories? will they fit?
Skip the A/C and it'll all fit in with truck accessories...the PS pump is a TIGHT fit, you may end up notching the frame to clear it. the only oil-pan I KNOW works in the S-10 is the 98-02 F-body pan...and that needs to have a corner cut off the pan to clear the crossmember

Most that do this swap use '97 Corvette accessories and brackets...it appears they fit the best

I'm really not trying to make this sound like a nightmare swap....a long as you have all the info and the right parts it's a pretty easy swap
Old 04-17-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

Where'd you score the package from and for how much?
Old 04-17-2006, 10:20 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey man like i said i used all Fbody accesories on my LQ9 and my injectors are SVOs and my harness plugs are off a fbody or you could find them on a 2.2 s10 maybe even a 4.3 but i havent look at one of those
Old 04-17-2006, 11:01 PM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

im 17 years old and ive always wanted to do this kind of project and i wish i would have the money to do it someday.... heres to college and making a check
Old 04-18-2006, 06:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SlvrSierra4.8
Where'd you score the package from and for how much?
got it on e-bay off a company called Schram Auto Parts, for 3700 + 220 to ship to our house from Michigan (im out in PA)
Old 04-18-2006, 06:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

got it on e-bay off a company called Schram Auto Parts, for 3700 + 220 to ship to our house from Michigan (im out in PA)

New 6.0 and 4l80E?

Quick Reply: mmmmm big package came today