Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 truck intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 05:44 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so since mine is already returnless style system will my fuel rail fit this i would like to keep my 42#ers and has any one figured out the etc so get the 6pin and 8 pin thing to work??
Old 01-26-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speartech has the harness and says you need to change the TAC module. That is the only info I have seen that it has worked. Others say it won't.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:10 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I recall, GM says this manifold necks down to the same internals at the truck manifold. I had one on order a year ago, and had the vendor look into it with their rep (and the vendor subsequently canceled the order for me). No offense to anyone involved, but I'm not sure you can spot a 12mm reduction in diameter just by eye ball (on the inside of a black manifold that is ). On the other hand, it may be that the truck manifold is a little bigger internally than the 78mm opening?

As far as TBs go, if you're doing this manifold, why not do the LS2 TB as well?

Speartec has the plug thing worked out cold.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
As I recall, GM says this manifold necks down to the same internals at the truck manifold. I had one on order a year ago, and had the vendor look into it with their rep (and the vendor subsequently canceled the order for me). No offense to anyone involved, but I'm not sure you can spot a 12mm reduction in diameter just by eye ball (on the inside of a black manifold that is ). On the other hand, it may be that the truck manifold is a little bigger internally than the 78mm opening?

As far as TBs go, if you're doing this manifold, why not do the LS2 TB as well?

Speartec has the plug thing worked out cold.
The pics ive seen on Tech show its necked down.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

installed the new intake on a customers car and here are some observations:
1. intake does neck down to the same size as the old intake.
2. if you're using your old fuel rails(return style in my case) the mounting tabs on the intake need to be cut down roughly a 1/4". otherwise the injectors stick up out of the intake. there is enough of the "nutsert" left to reuse factory bolts.
3. only one "nutsert" exists for stock throttle cable bracket. there is another boss cast into the intake so i tapped another insert into place from a donor intake.
4. intake has a vacuum tap on the right side but i drilled and tapped for FPR on the left side anyway.
5. map sensor is in the front of the intake, unused bolt tab of the throttle bracket needs to be cut off to clear.
6. old intake bolts are barely long enough to start into heads, i ordered a set from GM, they have a different part number so we'll see if they're longer, will update with findings.
7. will also update if there is any performance gain
Old 02-19-2006, 11:30 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool keep us up to date. it necks down but what about the hole in the top of the inside of the intake like this one is it bigger on the ls2 or same size this may make the diffrence not just the inside of the neck.