Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

ls1 intake injector ?s

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is a couple pics to chew on
Attached Thumbnails ls1 intake injector ?s-dsc00120.jpg   ls1 intake injector ?s-dsc00121.jpg   ls1 intake injector ?s-dsc00122.jpg  
Old 03-11-2004, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

your injectors aren't seated in the intake. the rail is right on the chili. will the injectors just not fit in the intake any further? they will protrude a bit. try taking them back out and try to install only one injector by itself in the intake alone. try a little wd-40 or a SLIGHT bit of silicone lube like dielectric grease for plug wires on the o-ring.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:01 AM
TECH Resident

no matter how hard i push,, the lip in the hole is just too small, do your stock injectors fit? give them a try to see what im talkin about
Old 03-12-2004, 10:33 AM
11 Second Club

so what you are saying is that the new injectors will not fit past the inside lowermost part of the intake? such as the end of your new injectors are larger in diameter than the stockers? can you post a pic of the two injectors side by side? that would help alot. if the o-ring is indeed up as high as you say it is, they are definately not seated.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:47 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TxTerm - He bought the 42 pound Multec II truck injector. Same exact size and dimensions as the stock truck injector. You have a Bosch injector thats is similar in dimensions to the stock LS1 injector (which is why it fits properly in the intake).

Bigguy - if you drilled out that internal ridge, how much more will the injector go into the hole? Will the injector be sticking into the runner if you made this modification? Personally, I'd try it. If its too deep, I'd just add a washer around the injector to space its shoulder away from the intake. I'd also see about getting a thicker O-ring to be certain you have no air leaks.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:51 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, instead of making a long spacer with a long bolt, you might think about using some 1/8th inch steel and bending your own bracket, then use one bolt on the intake, and a nut/bolt on the rail. This will make it easy to handle the offset bolt hole.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

[QUOTE=BigTex]TxTerm - He bought the 42 pound Multec II truck injector. Same exact size and dimensions as the stock truck injector. You have a Bosch injector thats is similar in dimensions to the stock LS1 injector (which is why it fits properly in the intake).

oh. in that case, it should fit just fine then. i don't see what difference you are talking about here though. i am using the stock truck intake too that had the multec injectors in it originally, and all i had to do was make spacers for the fuel rail. enlighten me.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

if i drill out the lip, it will slide in about anotehr 1/2 inch. i feel like its worth the shot. and im gonnt use that bent bracket theory and give it a shot.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

TxTrm - He is trying to use truck injectors in the LS1 car intake manifold. Totally different setup than you're running. I'm running the 57# Racetronix injectors in the stock truck intake also, they work great.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
TxTrm - He is trying to use truck injectors in the LS1 car intake manifold. Totally different setup than you're running. I'm running the 57# Racetronix injectors in the stock truck intake also, they work great.
ahhhhh. thank you for bringing this to light for me. puts a whole new perspective on things.

Quick Reply: ls1 intake injector ?s