Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

ls1 intake injector ?s

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 intake injector ?s

hey guys, i got me a ls1 intake now, and i have no experience on installing injectors, but my rc injectors dont seem to fit all the way inside of the ls1 hole like i would think they should. can anyone shed some light? the hole itself is the right size, but there is a restriction at the end of the hole and the tip of the injector wont fit through. is this normal? the o ring on the end of the injector only slides in about an 1/8th it just didnt seem right. thanks guys, ill try to post a picture of what im talkin about
Old 03-09-2004, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails ls1 intake injector ?s-injector1.jpg   ls1 intake injector ?s-injector2.jpg   ls1 intake injector ?s-injector-hole.jpg  
Old 03-10-2004, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

to tha top
Old 03-10-2004, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

I wish I knew ... I haven't had the injectors out though. You might try looking at how the injectors fit in your truck intake though ....
Old 03-11-2004, 02:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

is the lip stoping the bottom of the injector from going in the hole compleetly?? the injector should be flush with the bottom of the intake.

what kind of injectors are they?? truck???

put some vaseline on the oring and push that bish in.

oops never mind looks like a truck injector from the pic..

am i seeing that correct on the injector hole toward the bottom there is a little lip on one side that is stoping it?
Old 03-11-2004, 08:08 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The truck injectors are shorter than the car, so they won't fit in an LS1/LS6 manifold. Are the RC's truck injectors?
Old 03-11-2004, 09:56 AM
TECH Resident

yes they are truck injectors, if i can get them in the hole, then my fuel rail looks like it will fit if i use 1/2 inch spacers. and yes there is a lip it goes all teh eay around the bottom of the hole, it is about a 1/16 too small to allow my injectors to pass by.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM BigTex. I think he said he runs truck injectors with an LS_ style manifold.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:32 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't switched over yet. I have a set of truck injectors and a LS6 intake, so I'll go test fit them this evening.

Here is a shot of both style injectors - Bosch LS1 on left, Multec II Truck on right:

Notice how the LS1 intector has a larger bottom O-ring? I know for a fact that the LS1 injector fits in enough so that the wider sholder of the injector is about flush with the intake's injector hole. The distance from injector tip to that shoulder is smaller on the LS1 injector than the truck one. It appears that if the truck injector went all the way in to its shoulder, it may be sticking into the intake runner. I need to measure.

At this point, you could drill out that inner ring and let the truck injector slip all the way down. This may give you the clearance so you don't have to run any spacer on the fuel rail.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

i wonder if i can get a slightly fatter oring to kinda help seal things up? i think im gonna go ahead and enlargen the hole slightly. will teh injecector sticking slightly past teh manifold affect anything? will it hit anything on the heads?

Quick Reply: ls1 intake injector ?s