Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LPP Header issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cknox121
My question is why dont these have a merge spike? Does it cost that much more to make them with one?

They look Identical. There was a huge war/discussion about it over on GMFS. So the world may never know. I think who cares, for such a low price, they are a deal either way, I hope they are made in USA, cause damn if i wanta support some chinesess or japanessses, if not oh well got me this time :bird:...IF they do what there supposed to them why not buy them? Does suck to beat on something new though.

And I could have sworn that when I first bought my cal speeds the description of the product said " will fit 4wd" or "will fit 4wd with modification". I swear on my life thats what it said, but not no mo??

Talked to some other people about it and they said they think they remember reading will fit 4wd too so IDK

95% of your headers are not going to be spiked for these trucks, unless you ask for it, in which case it will prob be another 1 150 buks. To the OP sorry bout getting a little off topic, but the truth on these 2 headers would be nice to know.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:37 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok guys, this thread got a little bit off track here, let's get back on topic now. This thread is about the OP's LPP headers having fitment problems on his 4x4, and has nothing to do with CalSpeed or their headers. (even though he opened himself up for it).

OP, send me a pm if you feel this thread needs cleaned up.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP, sorry man lol didnt mean to junk you thread up!

EDIT: IMO I would just get a BFH and beat them in a little to clear the yoke. I dont think it hurts that much. Also when I put my band clamps on the headers still nicked a little on a left turn, after i stalled the clamps no more hiting, and could have not dented so much ?
Old 02-20-2012, 01:20 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem with mine but just let the bolt clearance itself lol
Old 02-20-2012, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand buying headers for better exhaust flow, then bashing in the headers to fit...really sounds like a step back IMHO.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TXSZ66AVLANCHE
I don't understand buying headers for better exhaust flow, then bashing in the headers to fit...really sounds like a step back IMHO.
This is the first thought that came to mind also. You are paying for nice smooth curves so the exhaust leaves as easily as it can....
Old 02-20-2012, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

for the sound?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:41 PM

Thank you all (even wandering off topic a bit lol) for your input, I do find it sad that they state 4x4 application but it isn't even close! I did have to use a BFH and prybar (as tears fell...) on one of the tubes to clearance my steering shaft but I don't think I can "clearance" the offending tube enough without closing off almost 3/4 of the tube! I wish I read some posts on here before I bought them, shame on me.
If I do go for the option of selling and getting a more reputable brand, please let me know who has installed on a 4x4 silverado close to my year.

Oh, and anyone know a good tuner to shut off the 2nd O2 sensors and tweak the program? I currently have Hypertech (ya, ya I know...) but looking to move on to the next level of programming. I am not too computer savy so not sure if HP Tuners is a smart avenue for me to venture down. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails LPP Header issue-steering-shaft-clearance-1-.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

They hit in the exact same places mine hit. Just use the BFH and beat them in a little bit. Mine only required about a 1/8 to a 1/4inch at most of beating for the 4wd and a light tap for the Steering shaft.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:49 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Where are you located? There are a bunch of good tuners on this forum.

Quick Reply: LPP Header issue