Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LPP Header issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 10:16 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just remember how much money you saved when you bought those inexpensive LPP's, vs a high quality, made in the USA product like ARH or Kooks.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What or who is that?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Just remember how much money you saved when you bought those inexpensive LPP's, vs a high quality, made in the USA product like ARH or Kooks.
Hey hey or SW's
Old 02-20-2012, 01:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
The owner of LPP also told me the headers are made here in the USA, that is more then likely BS. Them and the Cal_Speed ones look to be identical, they state they are made here also. Yet another reason I will only deal with quality fitting parts. Yes it cost more, but they stand behind it. You will need to wack the *** our of the primary with a BFH, to get it to fit. Makes me sick to have to do that but..
Please do not relate our product to LPP.

Our product has no relation to LPP/XS power. LPP resells "XS power brand" under their own name. We do not sell XS or deal with ANY company overseas or have any affiliation.

I believe our products are the highest quality on the market with top of line materials, welding and design and consider them directly comparable to ARH and Kooks. Our current available 1-3/4" & 1-7/8" longtubes are a perfect fit for 2WD applications and we have never offered a direct fit for 4WD as they are a slightly different design header and y-pipe to do so. No one product fits all in our opinion. We will have a 4WD version available at some point in the near future.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:17 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CalSpeedPerformance

Our product has no relation to LPP/XS power. LPP resells "XS power brand" under their own name. We do not sell XS or deal with ANY company overseas or have any affiliation.

I believe our products are the highest quality on the market with top of line materials, welding and design and consider them directly comparable to ARH and Kooks. Our current available 1-3/4" & 1-7/8" longtubes are a perfect fit for 2WD applications and we have never offered a direct fit for 4WD as they are a slightly different design header and y-pipe to do so. No one product fits all in our opinion. We will have a 4WD version available at some point in the near future.
If you're going atempt to directly compare your product to ARH & Kooks , then you had better expect the truck community to compare your product to the LPP product. Especially when the 2 products appear the same in photos, and have the same exact fitment issues.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have LPP's and have the same problem. I used a very large band clamp looped around the collector and torsion bar to pull the header away from the front driveshaft. It was meant to be a temporary fix, but I got lazy and never got around to coming up with a more permanent solution. Been over a year and no problems.

I also contacted them (Chris aka 02BlackWS6 or something like that on GMFS) and he said GM trucks are all a little different and they can't guarantee proper fit because of that. Also, my headers say XS Power on them.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:35 AM
Baltimore Whore

Just saying, by looking at your headers, LPP headers,yours both look INCREDIBLY close to one another, the collectors are a dead match, the kick out on the primary is a dead match. Hard to really tell about the pass side, but I am sure it is the same. Not sure who your supplier is, but they might be BS'in ya where they are coming from, who is making them. Not trying to **** in your corn flakes, as they are def a nice header esp for the money, I possibly considered the 1 7/8 ones. But they are the same headers IMO, even the connection pipes look the same.

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
If you're going atempt to directly compare your product to ARH & Kooks , then you had better expect the truck community to compare your product to the LPP product. Especially when the 2 products appear the same in photos, and have the same exact fitment issues.
EXACTLY

======CAL SPEED______LPP
Attached Thumbnails LPP Header issue-calspeed.jpg   LPP Header issue-lpp-ls1-truck-headers.jpeg  
Old 02-20-2012, 07:13 AM
On The Tree

My question is why dont these have a merge spike? Does it cost that much more to make them with one?

They look Identical. There was a huge war/discussion about it over on GMFS. So the world may never know. I think who cares, for such a low price, they are a deal either way, I hope they are made in USA, cause damn if i wanta support some chinesess or japanessses, if not oh well got me this time :bird:...IF they do what there supposed to them why not buy them? Does suck to beat on something new though.

And I could have sworn that when I first bought my cal speeds the description of the product said " will fit 4wd" or "will fit 4wd with modification". I swear on my life thats what it said, but not no mo??

Talked to some other people about it and they said they think they remember reading will fit 4wd too so IDK
Old 02-20-2012, 08:02 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont believe this. I feel you are misleading our members here.

Just because " your" supplier is located in the USA, doesnt mean your "products" are made in the USA. This is blatent lying and will not be tolerated or accepted from a seller.

There is nothing wrong IMO with your headers or quality, its the way you are trying to fool everyone into saying they are made in the USA.

If they are truly made in the United States of America, Why not stamp it on them ??

If they are truly made in the USA, where are they manufactured at? What address??

I have nothing against the foreign headers, i have a set from DNA i bought over a year ago and love them, especially for the price, wish i had the cash for the more expensive ones, but damn bang for the buck is great. Quality and fittment is not the issue here, False claims of where they are made are!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is my picture referenced, I was one of the first to receive a set of the Cal Speed headers, and like many have said, they are VERY identical to LPP!

As state, there has been a huge discussion over at gmfs, and it is in my sig for anyone who cares.

Quick Reply: LPP Header issue