Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Look at these plans and poke holes (09 5.3 'build')

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swathdiver
I rarely hit 3000 rpms while driving, you've got your work cut out for you.
I’m entirely sorry to hear that. 3000 rpm isn’t very high at all. Ever been WOT, ever passed another vehicle on the highway? Good chance you’ve seen 3000 rpm once or twice.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Oh sure, even drag raced the truck at the track. But the street is not my track anymore, that was thirty years ago when I was young and more foolish!

During my regular commute, most of the posted speed limits are not even 45 mph so it doesn't take much throttle to exceed the speed limit.

Torque is what gets a car moving and my BlackBear tuned stock motor has plenty to get this 6,300 pound truck moving in a sprightly manner if needs be.

Someday it will require work and that's when my plans to drop in a Crane 1449501 or similar camshaft will happen.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swathdiver
Oh sure, even drag raced the truck at the track. But the street is not my track anymore, that was thirty years ago when I was young and more foolish!

During my regular commute, most of the posted speed limits are not even 45 mph so it doesn't take much throttle to exceed the speed limit.

Torque is what gets a car moving and my BlackBear tuned stock motor has plenty to get this 6,300 pound truck moving in a sprightly manner if needs be.

Someday it will require work and that's when my plans to drop in a Crane 1449501 or similar camshaft will

happen.

awesome.