Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L33 specs

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

180k on my L33, shift at 6700rpm with 7000rpm rev limiter. motor has not had a easy life at all and it keeps taking it.
its coming out in a couple weeks and going into my brothers 92 sierra.
motor is a little noisy but I have never had anyone comment on it
Old 04-12-2014, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Great Stuff. Thanks
Old 04-12-2014, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Great info Brick! thanks a million. Of those 3 books which would you recommended to assist me in building this L33 into something that will twist the frame in my s-10?
Old 04-12-2014, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by therock
Great Stuff. Thanks

therock, The dyno numbers posted on your trucks page I'm assuming that is at the wheels? Truck looks great looks like you really have a done a nice job.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike._B
Great info Brick! thanks a million. Of those 3 books which would you recommended to assist me in building this L33 into something that will twist the frame in my s-10?
The SA Designs SA#147 "How to Rebuild GM LS-Series Engines"

This book focuses on the specifics of tear down and rebuilding of stock and performance engines. It also gives you an overview of the Machine work and what to look for in a shop.

In the very back, it list torque spec's and it has a check list/build sheet that you can Photo copy and use when you build your engine.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike._B
therock, The dyno numbers posted on your trucks page I'm assuming that is at the wheels? Truck looks great looks like you really have a done a nice job.
Thanks Mike._B,

Yes, its at the wheels. I Dyno'd it bone stock so to compare. It was the first Radix kit shipped to an L33 owner. They had only tested one on a California vehicle in their shop.

It came in under the claimed approx 120HP increase to be 80HP. I really expected the advertized numbers to fall shorter.
They were very interested at the time how it was going to play out and kept in contact. They knew I had done a stock Dyno run first.

They worked with me and sent a smaller pulley and 2nd Superchips tune and we went up to a 93HP increase Dyno'd in the Atlanta July High Temps and High Humidity. I felt this was reasonable.

I have not dyno'd it since our last tune tweaks but we (mechanicman) went two plugs colder in the process after many different driving style scans and several strict WOT plug readings. She must be a well rounded 400HP now in the Summer. She really feels her oats in winter temps.

At the time of my Truck purchase GM had deleted the 3.73:1 RPO gear option. Almost a deal breaker I bit the bullet in going ahead settling for a 3.42:1.
At the time GM was all about improving the 2005 line with brake upgrades and MPG improvements. A smart alternator that only output as needed, cups behind the tow hooks, a front air dam, more flaps behind the head lights and such, 3.42's, an 80 lbs lighter L33 engine, and maybe more.
No regrets. I don't do the track, or launch from a dead stop much. She has plenty of low grunt.

This thread awakening had boosted my confidence in the motor in knowing how the noise is common and other reports.

I am in the process of tweaking my blog on her. I need more images between the text categories.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Updated My Truck Blog
Old 04-13-2014, 07:33 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by therock
Updated My Truck Blog
Looks great! once i finish my swap which will likely take me a couple years to build and install. im gonna do a nice blog like that. I've already swapped it once from a 96 2.2L to a 2002 4.3L (LU3) updated the interior to the 2000 style which required modifying the firewall for HVAC box mounting and for the new style dash to fit, changed the rad support to accommodate the new style front clip, 5 bilsten orange shocks, beltech spindles, GMPP spring all the way around, installed 33mm stabilizer bars front and rear, clairon fold out tv in dash, 10 speaker sound system with a 23 band 6 channel 13v preout signal processor and 5000watts, s10 extreme front air dam which i converted the front fog light holes into air inlets for brake cooling ducts, 19'' alloys with 30 series rubber and its the original limited color, radar blue metallic. I wish it only had 69,718 Miles lol but i drive it all summer and let my sierra sit.

Ive looked a couple times but don't see the brand of the tailgate wing I need this!!!

Last edited by Mike._B; 04-13-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, being down with a cold I had lots of time to sit in front of my truck blog.

I think I have pretty much documented all of my obsessive compulsion activities with the vehicle.

I think I covered it all this time and I included a link to a .docx on the information on the Rear Drum Brake Conversion of the 2005 Silverados. They really Work great. Especially with my component upgrades.

Thanks Guys,
Old 04-30-2017, 03:59 PM

Default L33 carbureted

I have a lead on a 2005 L33 with 55k
How do these motors respond to standard intake and carburetor as opposed
To the fuel injection
I love the idea of the LS motor but I want to run a carb

Thanks

Quick Reply: L33 specs