Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Kenne Bell or Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamesbond2509
My KB has been OK.
I think that qualifies as an official 'lukewarm' endorsement.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:20 PM
single digit dreamer

the kb is just like the whipple only without the top end potential. on a cool day it will be great and add some hp. maybe 75hp, maybe a little more. on a warm day like 90+ it will prety much add nothing. if you will be happy with drasticly diferent performance depending on the outside temp and anywhere from a 0-75hp gain then it is ok.

with $5k i would go with a radix, shift kit and exhaust. a turbo could be had for $5k but really costs more to do it right.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with $5k i would go with a radix, shift kit and exhaust. a turbo could be had for $5k but really costs more to do it right.
Now just go dig up a money tree like parish & start pickin! I'm wondering if they'd grow good down here in the sunshine state. The Livernois kit looks nice also.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:15 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by fluxu8
Now just go dig up a money tree like parish & start pickin! I'm wondering if they'd grow good down here in the sunshine state. The Livernois kit looks nice also.
no kids, decent job, girlfriend that pays rent, dumped all other hobbies but the truck...
Old 03-21-2005, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like what i need. A sugar momma so i can spend all my money on my truck. Too bad they are hard to come by down here in San Antonio.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

buy the KB and sell it for more than you payed for it and then get a turbo. the turbo kit like parish has is supposed to be done before to long and if i am not mistaken the kit from TSP will be done as well
Old 03-22-2005, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by parish8
no kids, decent job, girlfriend that pays rent, dumped all other hobbies but the truck...
Old 03-22-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by parish8
the kb is just like the whipple only without the top end potential. on a cool day it will be great and add some hp. maybe 75hp, maybe a little more. on a warm day like 90+ it will prety much add nothing. if you will be happy with drasticly diferent performance depending on the outside temp and anywhere from a 0-75hp gain then it is ok.

Why would I not have top end? Are you referring to no intercooler. Please advise! On hot days Its been alright.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:59 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by Jamesbond2509
Why would I not have top end? Are you referring to no intercooler. Please advise! On hot days Its been alright.

the whipple is quite a bit bigger blower. it has more hp potential if you ever decided to push it.

on my whipple set up and most other people i have talked to said at 95deg you prety much have no extra power from the blower.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:03 AM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Depends on what you're gonna use the truck for? All out racing? Turbo for sure, but it may end up costing more the 5K, but you can slowly build it up.
If you're gonna supercharge it, get a whipple. You can do a lot more mods to the engine before you "max" it out.
If you're getting the KB for dirt cheap, install it, enjoy it, then when you get serious, sale it and go for something bigger.

later,

allen

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell or Turbo