Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Kenne Bell or Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 07:49 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by benpimpin1
Kenne bell, cam it, tune it, intercool it

That is alot of work. Radix kit will bolt on, as will some others.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:51 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

don't know how anyone can recommend a KB at this point with a very limited positive customer service record and a non IC'ed system...
Old 03-19-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STS Or a Radix if you want a supercharger. But I dont see a point in spending the money on the KB. Now if they had a Blowzilla kit for a LS1 then it would be a diffrent story.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The guy is saying a turbo will cost him $2K more than the KB, I take that to mean that the KB comes in at around $2K (with the STS costing $3995). Even if it costs another $1K to properly intercool the KB, I don't know of any Radix or turbo that can come in at $3K. The $4K price for the STS doesn't even get you intercooling or upgraded injectors.

I'm taking it as silveradosam has only so much money to spend. Maybe if he came up with a total budget number, we could help him out some more. Sam?
Old 03-19-2005, 08:53 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on what you want out of the truck..

What is coming with the KB "kit" you are buying? Is it for sure in good condition? Lots of factors to look at and what it's all gonna cost in the end. If the kit doesn't come with anyhting but the compressor and piping then you might as well consider all the kits out there because the end cost may be the same.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:10 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Depends on what you want out of the truck..

What is coming with the KB "kit" you are buying? Is it for sure in good condition? Lots of factors to look at and what it's all gonna cost in the end. If the kit doesn't come with anyhting but the compressor and piping then you might as well consider all the kits out there because the end cost may be the same.
i would go with a whipple before the kb. you can often get them complete for under $2000 used. if you can get that kb for real cheap, like $1200 then it might be worth it.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Ok my total budget may be slightly around 5000. The kit comes with everything the kenne bell comes with including the injectors. Its in good condition and has only been on one truck. I figured with the money i would be saving i could do a engine swap or maybe intercool it and cam it or something i dunno.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:08 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silveradosam
Ok my total budget may be slightly around 5000. The kit comes with everything the kenne bell comes with. Its in good condition and has only been on one truck. I figured with the money i would be saving i could do a engine swap or maybe intercool it and cam it or something i dunno.

I am wonderng why you have not given MagnaCharger a consideration in your search?

Kit comes complete with everything you need and it is intercooled.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Well that changes things completely. You can buy whatever you want. The question is, do you want to be dicking around with your vehicle or not? If not, get the Radix. That's a no-brainer. If, however, you feel the need to be assembling a kit, modifying, tuning, or otherwise playing around with your truck, then get a Whipple, perhaps with the Aussie manifold and intercooler that moregrip has been posting around. One thing you can be sure of, that most everyone agrees on, is that Kenne Bell supports is pretty much non-existent, so don't expect any help there. Or you could get an STS, but for $4K you're stuck with 5psi. Don't know if you can get intercooled or upgraded for $1K more. But if you shop around you can find the Radix for under $5K, and it's complete, and it's plug-and-play.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

So i guess the general idea around here is no supercharger?? I have not thought about radix because if im spending the money to get a new kit i want a turbo. But if i got this good deal on a kenne bell i was wondering if it was worth getting it.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell or Turbo