Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed AEM Brute Force intake...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed AEM Brute Force intake...

It's not a supercharger, but the power gain is noticeable, especially teamed with my Magnaflow catback. The roar as it winds towards redline is pretty sweet too. Overall, I'm happy with the product and it's sound/performance gain.

Amazingly, I've had an AEM intake on 3 previous vehicles (don't laugh!): '93 Honda Del Sol Si, '97 Honda Prelude, and '03 Pontiac Vibe GT. I've been happy with the power/sound gains with those cars as well after the AEM install.

AEM is a top notch company, probably one of the best in the import world, so I'm happy to see they're taking their research, design, and manufacturing expertise to the domestic side as well.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Anyone else have any input on this intake?
Old 05-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Launching!

My only input would be its No Volant, and IMO AEM is a far cry from a top notch company. (i'm sure the intake is well engineered, but i'll never buy from a company that makes airplane wings for cars.)
Old 05-25-2004, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Since when has AEM made spoilers? Sorry, but to my knowledge, they don't. I decided against the Volant because it doesn't make the horsepower the AEM does and a lot of people complain of fitment issues with them.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:20 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DemonSilverado
My only input would be its No Volant, and IMO AEM is a far cry from a top notch company. (i'm sure the intake is well engineered, but i'll never buy from a company that makes airplane wings for cars.)
AEM makes high quality stuff. Maybe you're confusing them with APC?
Old 05-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Launching!

Your right I had them confused for APC.

Thats my fault guys.

My Bad.

I have also found that the Volant with Ram-Air tube makes the most power out of all the intakes. And had no fitt issues. Not to mention all the problems inherent to open element filters. BUT, to each his own, I hope it continues to work out well for ya.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:38 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DemonSilverado
I have also found that the Volant with Ram-Air tube makes the most power out of all the intakes.
How did you find this out?

Not to mention all the problems inherent to open element filters.
What problems are those?
Old 05-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

I have the AEM and I am happy with it. It really (none of them do) didn't give a huge reduction in ET, but I saw several dyno test where they gained like 13 RWHP with the AEM. The Volant is a sweet piece also, the only problem I had with it was the price was a bit higher. I paid $236 delivered for my AEM, and I think the Volant was like $350ish at the time. Both nice intakes, my friend has a Volant on his Dodge, and it looks to be a top shelf piece.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Scream
How did you find this out?
Yea.. im curious too
Old 05-25-2004, 02:07 PM
12 Second Club

Good to hear your happy with the AEM, I think people see about the same power with any intake....not really any noticeable power difference between any of the high end ones IMO.

I chose the Volant because 1. it looks sort of factory being all black (blends well with engine bay) 2. I got it for $250 shipped off ebay 3. at the time I was needing a plastic tube to tap for a nitrous nozzle instead of the clear UPD tube

Quick Reply: Installed AEM Brute Force intake...