Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

injector offset idea

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 04:14 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default injector offset idea

put this in the tuning section too.

i have 50lb injectors and am sure my injector offset is wrong. i am told guessing is a bad idea and it is better to leave the chart alone than guess.

hears an idea, a buddy of mine says we can "scope" one of the injectors and that he will be able to tell exactly when the injector is told to open and also when it actualy opens, wouldn't this be the offset? what are the 2 axis's on the "injector offset vs voltage and load", looks like actual voltage to the injector and load from the map? the load part doesn't effect the table so it shouldn't even matter. the voltage could be minuplated some by just un hooking the alternator and letting the voltage fall while recording. you would get from 15volts or so down to 12 volts or so doing that, could probably guess for a cell or 2 above and below that.

soo, what do you think, would that work?
Old 04-09-2003, 06:55 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Default Re: injector offset idea

Give it a shot. You got me on this one.

I've not gotten a straight answer on the injector offset questions I have asked. It seems that most people take the attitude of "if it runs, it must be OK." I for one think the offset has a good deal with the way the fueling happens. I used 2000 year LS1 injectors for a while and took the offset numbers from an LS1 PCM. When I was using the SVO injectors, I tried several different offsets and could notice a difference between the tunes. I'm back on truck injectors now (because I wanted to know they were tuned correctly), but I moved from the 99 year to an 00+ injector. Interestingly, the offset for the 2000 year and the 2002 year are different, but its the same injector.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:06 PM
single digit dreamer

i am about ready to just toss in some of these numbers from the 42lb svo's and see what happens, i would have to start over with my tuning but that wouldt't take long. why dont they print this info anywhere?

http://carprogrammer.com/Z28/PCM/Injector/injectors.htm
Old 04-09-2003, 10:25 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Do you know what factor makes the injector offset different for the cars? I've always heard that the offset is given out by the manufacturer. But those tables are only one row, which is fine for us, but the cars have multiple rows with different data. How do they come up with those calculations? Just curious.

If I were you, I'd look up the offset info for several different injectors of different flow rates from the same manufacturer and the same nozzle type (pintle, disc, ball, whatever). Take those numbers and see if you can calculate out what your 50 # injectors offset should be. Example - If you have Lucas injectors with a pintle nozzle, find the info for as many other Lucas pintle inectors and try and find a relationship with the offset.
Old 04-10-2003, 02:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When i had my whipple set up,i tried a set of 50lb. injectors to solve my fuel problem and what i found was by switching them to a disc style seemed to overload it with fuel even after i changed the flow rate to the recomended flow rate for 50lb. I figured i couldnt use the injector unless i could reconfigure the flow rate for that style injector.