Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im at it again with the thinking....

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Im at it again with the thinking....

This is a truck forum, and i love my truck, thats why ill never sell her.. but being a rcsb and being a truck, gas mileage blows and hauling more than 1 pass bugs the **** outta me, even tho i never got it to haul people or to be fuel efficient, i want another toy.... i was thinking corvette.. good gas mileage, but semi pricey even used, and only a two seater ..not to mention insurance...

then i was thinking TBSS ..looks good, can haul *** even in stock form. can haul people. decent price used, decent insurance. but gas is a complete joke..

and i really dont want to leave a GM based product. so while i went to thinking again,i came across a 04 CTS-V.. now from what ive read. it meets all my needs as a 2nd vehicle and toy.. good gas mileage,decently cheap used,nice engine,hauls people and insurance isnt all that bad.

so i guess what im trying to get at is ..is there any other GM based vehicles that would meet my needs and that i can pick up used?

also how modable (is that a word?) are those drivetrains?

oh and the main reason for another toy, id like to be able to make road trips with out having to take a **** load of cars or only take one person

this is more of a ramble than a well thought out post. but a few of you have to understand what im getting at.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can get by the styling a GTO is a great platform to mod. There's still a lot of clean Impala SS's out there and with LS power would be even better. The Caddy W/ LS is cool but If your wife needs to drive it she will balk at the manual trans.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:08 AM
TECH Addict

haahha wife. 18 here, no plans for one of them anytime soon. but i forgot about the SS and GTO, GTO would prob be pricey with insurance but the SS would prob b okay since itll be an older one if i do..i also forgot about pontiac g8's
Old 08-25-2008, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

I like that your complaining about the mileage on a rcsb

anyways i would look into a transam ws6 or camaro z28 or ss. but for mileage on city it will be a little better but highway is where you will see some god beneifits.... and they are alot of fun
Old 08-25-2008, 09:27 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

How about a G8?

Old 08-25-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I vote CTS-V, im not sure how modable the drivetrains are but there are a few cts-v guys over on tech that probably know.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 95 bright teal
I like that your complaining about the mileage on a rcsb

anyways i would look into a transam ws6 or camaro z28 or ss. but for mileage on city it will be a little better but highway is where you will see some god beneifits.... and they are alot of fun
i dont ever see better than 13.3 in town with the RCSB, and thats if im lucky.. and its gettin really old. lol

i like trans ams and camaros also, but thinking about it, im betting anything like that thats a 2door is gonna rape me on insurance, so i think ima lean more towards g8,cts-v,maybe impala ss, as of right now ,i dont know of any gt g8s used, and i found the cts-v used for 21k, so its also the cheapest bet.

i just hope insurance doesnt see the "-V" as a way to rape me
Old 08-25-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

Im not sure whats up with your mileage, mine has been pulling 17-18 on my past four tanks ive checked. thats weird, what size rims are you running?
Old 08-25-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

17s lol ****, not doubting yer mpg one bit but out of all my friends like 5 of them have RCSB 2wds with 4 being 5.3s and one being a 4.8 and all different gears from 3.23s to 4.11s and i think the best any of us get one a GREAT day is 14.5 and all are autos
Old 08-25-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

**** the best my ECSB Z71 has ever got on a road trip has been 17 and about 13-14 in town maybe.

Quick Reply: Im at it again with the thinking....