Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

I'm at it again, another muffler. He He!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm at it again, another muffler. He He!

I'm keeping my old LS1 TECH buddies in the loop with what I'm doing to my Hemi Ram. I bought a stock SRT-10 muffler off of Ebay for $5.50, I had it installed today. Darrel & Mike at All Tech Muffler & Brake did a good job, they've become friends over the years of me going there. The muffler is a dual in and dual out, unlike the Hemi muffler which is a single in and single out. The flow tubes go straight through the muffler with perforations in the pipe like a Magnaflow muffler. They used 2.25" pipe in and out, I didn't want tips so I had them do turn downs in the corners just under the bumper. From behind, you can barely see the tips sticking out, reminds me of old muscle car style exhaust. The exhaust note is COOL, reminds me of more old school! It's almost stock quiet at idle, has a VERY DEEP rumble at lower rpm's when driving and accelerating normally. It get's louder as you get on it and at one point it has a crackly sound that reminds me of the old Smitty mufflers, I like it. It's quiet on the freeway and from the little I drove it, no resonation to speak of. I'm quite pleased so far but I'll have to see how it does over time. To me right now, it sounds better than the previous Magnaflow mufflers and Gibson muffler I've had on the truck.
Jim
Old 04-29-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Thats pretty cool. Sounds like you found a happy medium. Are the bends in your exhaust mandrel bends? I cant seem to find a shop locally to do mine and I'd rather have it redone with 3" pipe and mandrel bends so I may have to do it myself. Either that or I'll weld in some electric cutouts.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Thats pretty cool. Sounds like you found a happy medium. Are the bends in your exhaust mandrel bends? I cant seem to find a shop locally to do mine and I'd rather have it redone with 3" pipe and mandrel bends so I may have to do it myself. Either that or I'll weld in some electric cutouts.
The bends are not mandrel, they are press bends. No one in my area that I know of has a mandrel bender.
Jim
Old 04-29-2005, 04:20 PM
Truck addict

you know, you change mufflers like some people change undies! lol