Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

i love my exhaust but neighbors dont???

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default i love my exhaust but neighbors dont???

why do people get so pissed about loud exhaust. i got a guy just moved in about 1 month ago and since he moved in hes been trouble. noone ever calls the cops around here and now thats all we see around here and i know why there here "just to catch me". he says i speed and burn the roads up all night rattling his pictures. but i dont even drive at night because i was raised to respect people, but this is rediculous what hes doing. i passed his house the other day and he threw his hands up in the air luckly for him i had my G/F with me and she doesnt like me doing that so i didnt stop!!!!! I am ready to **** him up!!!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah that would **** me off a little! Some people just dont know how to have fun and like to be asses
Old 08-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as long as the cops dont look under your truck cuz of no cats and you dont do anything illegal/reckless the cops cant do anything if they dont catch you. but i know what you mean about not wanting the cops being around just cuz.

id do some **** like get cutouts and roll about 20-30mph in 1st with open cutouts by his house or roll by him and rev the **** outta the motor
Old 08-21-2007, 05:41 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nightrunner
as long as the cops dont look under your truck cuz of no cats and you dont do anything illegal/reckless the cops cant do anything if they dont catch you. but i know what you mean about not wanting the cops being around just cuz.

id do some **** like get cutouts and roll about 20-30mph in 1st with open cutouts by his house or roll by him and rev the **** outta the motor
Nah, go unbolt the exhaust on his car one night, then call the cops and have them waiting for him when he gets up to go to work in the morning.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by thunder550
Nah, go unbolt the exhaust on his car one night, then call the cops and have them waiting for him when he gets up to go to work in the morning.
That'd be awesome! You could just cut it off too. Use one of those bike chain cutter things. It'd be quick and nice and quiet.

Another suggestion would be to have your buddies with loud *** cars drive by at random throughout the night. Make sure your truck is within sight for him so he knows it's not you.

Potatoes and bananas always work too.

I dated this girl whose neighbors hated my old truck. They even asked her when she was going to get a bf with a quieter truck. I played it cool, rolling out of the driveway in neutral and then firing it up 1/2 way down the street. But after we broke up....I was like John Force down that street every night for a week.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol! At least he has more ***** than my neighbors, actually I think it was just one neighbor but I'm not sure. anyway's.. I got a letter with the return address " your neighbors" bitching about how me and my brother (who drives an 00 Lincoln town car lol!!) drive to fast and need to slow down before they call the police. the speed limit is 45 and I drive 40 or under. I guess that's what I get for driving a loud red truck with rims.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

lol. i didnt think everyone would have had similar problems. i think i'll do the cut the exhaust and make his loud as hell..... that would make everyones day lol
Old 08-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are a bigger man then me. If he waved his hands at me I would have dropped it down into second and left him some nice marks in front of his driveway to remember me by
Old 08-21-2007, 06:21 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
You are a bigger man then me. If he waved his hands at me I would have dropped it down into second and left him some nice marks in front of his driveway to remember me by
Yup
If I didn't get out to have a chat with him to discuss his "problem" I might just park in front of his house and rev my engine...

at 3am...heck, I ain't busy
Old 08-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

That is funny, growing up me, my bro, my dad, and my sis all had classic mustangs (2 x 67 coupes, 65 fastback, 70 coupe). All had dual exhaust w/ small turbo mufflers (before flows), me and my bro had headers. So my neighbors hated our family, in the morning when would all leave for school/work and you would hear all 4 of them go up the street. My bros and mine were loud. The front of my parents house looked like a damn burnout box at the strip. The neighbors tried calling the cops but the only cop was an old military buddy of my fathers.... Basically the neighbors got used to it......

Last edited by BlackGMC; 08-21-2007 at 06:40 PM.

Quick Reply: i love my exhaust but neighbors dont???